News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Graphics Edit Help/Request  (Read 2397 times)

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Graphics Edit Help/Request
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:54:32 pm »
Since these aren't title screens, I didn't really want to post them in that thread... Anyway.

If someone out there far more skilled in pixel art than I could take a whack at these, I'd be ever so grateful.

This should read "Dr. Mason's Deck Diagnosis", but more realistically, should be able to fit "Dr. Mason's Diagnosis". Either way, a cartoony/handwritten look would be nice.

This is a two-for-one deal! The top graphic reads "Slot Machine", and the bottom reads "Bonus Game". Keeping in mind the two unusable tiles in the second graphic, you can go crazy with this one. In the game, they appear rainbow-y and kind of ugly, so, whatever works.

Thanks in advance.

ReX

• View Profile
Re: Graphics Edit Help/Request
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »
Keeping in mind the two unusable tiles in the second graphic, you can go crazy with this one.
Are those two tiles important somehow? If not, maybe one could simply remove them.
How about puting the star from the left side to the right side (after those 2 tiles)?

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »
The star needs to remain in place, as those tiles are mirrored in several places.

As for those two tiles, they are non-existent. They are mirrored from elsewhere in the image.

Lestat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »

Why not?

But for the second capture, i wonder if you could make a color on unusable tiles? thank you!

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 01:39:11 am »

Why not?

Lestat, may I ask what tools you used to make that?  It looks great, so much so that I opened it up in GIMPShop to see exactly how you'd gotten it to be so legible at such a small size (especially the "e" in "Deck").

Lestat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:39:57 am »
Yeah, i use graphicsgale to make it, for gfxs like this, leave Gimp or photoshop alone ;)

I hope that could give you some inspiration to make your own, i could help you too, if you want.

regards,

Lestat
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:34:17 am by Lestat »