News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 7124 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:55 am »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/)

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:11:57 pm »
I'm glad to finally see both Die Hard on here and X-Box translations. Makes me wanna grab the old box and try to hack it.

Also, I really oughta start putting together a portfolio of the games I've translated/helped translate parts of. It's starting to get up there, and I'm forgetting what I've worked on. Like Flying Hero. T_T

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »
Metal Wolf Chaos (English)(Fully Playable)(XBOX)

Riiiiiiichaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:58:38 pm »
What I wonder if Kitsune is ever going to release his translation of Samurai Pizza Cats. Last time I checked I think he was paranoid about people making a repro of his translation.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:51 pm »
What I wonder if Kitsune is ever going to release his translation of Samurai Pizza Cats. Last time I checked I think he was paranoid about people making a repro of his translation.
I frequently talk to him and that's the last I heard about it too. But, he never said he wasn't planning on finishing it.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:45:52 am »
The repro business... discouraging translations. :(

I hope he didn't take it the wrong way when I said trying to stop repro businesses is largely futile.
Worst case (for them), they release it with any "do not sell" warning screens intact.
(Pretty sure there have been Der Langrisser repros, despite byuu said he put protection on the warning screen and he really layered the translation with all sorts of copy-protection hacks. Knowing his skill level, I'd believe him.)
I know Nightcrawler has had much disappointment trying to get sites selling Trancorp repros taken down.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Hildebrande Glossop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:31 am »

With good reason, it seems...there's a repro already for sale, and nesdump just cut and pasted the write-up from this site :banghead:

Created by: Techos

This is based on the sweet 90's cartoon! Finally translated to full english!

From romhacking.net:

People who watch the show should love this game. For everyone else, though, it's just a platform game. It ain't bad, but nothing to drool about. You have five different cats, and can switch them out at any time, and I can only assume that they do different things. One of them breaks rocks, that's all I can figure out. It's all very nice and colorful and the control is pretty good, so have fun with it. Oh, and there's a hell of a lot of storyline in this game for a boring ol' platformer.

Have you no shame sir....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:11:07 pm by Hildebrande Glossop »

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:34 pm »
Yeah, the guy at nesdump is actually a pretty good guy. A while back I asked him to remove a bunch of my repros from his site and and he did.

Hildebrande Glossop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:18:45 pm »
That's good, I'd like to think that those guys are enthusiastic hobbyists and not just opportunists :cookie:

coinheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:32 am »
yea i have no problem taking down anything the translators don't want on my site (thenesdump.com), I know alot of people love seeing new famicom games they can play on real hardware and they can display on thier shelf.  this is just a hobby for me, I am not making a ton of dough, just enough to support my collecting habits.   

Hildebrande Glossop

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 05:43:56 pm »
Awesome :D
Always good to hear every side of an issue. The repro scene's really interesting to me, particularly it's relationship with related circles(romhacking, emulation indie devs, etc)
and how easy it is to do myself :thumbsup:
I especially love seeing reproduction protos, it's a rare thrill to find a new famicom cart that you've only played on emu before.

Merlin

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 07:57:17 am »

I’m a very keen NES repro game player and really appreciate all the hard work the hacker and translators put into making these great old 8 bit games playable!!
I do understand that it must be discouraging after putting tons of effort in translating / hacking a game to see it being milked by someone with no interest in it other than making a fast buck.

But the vast majority of NES reproduction makers and players do it for the sheer love of it and so in that respect have a lot in common with you hackers and translators!!
While emulation has its place nothing competes with playing a game on the real original NES hardware from a physical cart.