News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Open Source ROM Hacking Projects  (Read 69100 times)

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: Open Source ROM Hacking Projects
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »
About the topic, yes, more sharing would be better but sadly the internet is a place where the most people only take without credits/thanks to the original sharer.

Maybe a little bit OT but is there some programmer / aspiring / beginner programmer that is looking for some usefull work that could end in a open source project of Sora no Otoshimono Forte Dreamy Season NDS??
What I would need is a parser/extractor/inserter for the script.
I stepped on this game that has already english font out of the box, VWF out of the box, accept ASCII out of the box and no pointers.
I think it would be a good rom for beginners.
Each phrase is in this format:
32 xx 00 03 yy FF 00 zz ABC....Z 06 05
xx=phrase number (incremented +1 each phrase)
yy=speaker ID (01 Tomoki, 02 Ikarus, etc...)
zz=number of bytes that compose the phrase
0605= probably "wait button pressed" command
and there are some bytes in between phrases.
If you can help with the program, send me PM
Thanks

If you like Pet-class angeloids slaves :p

IIMarckus

• Something terrible has happened here!
    • View Profile
    • IIMarckus’s homepage
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 03:18:41 am »
Well that certainly counts.  Pokémon communities seem to be really good about sharing stuff and info.  Slightly off topic, but do you know how far along the Crystal restoration has come along?  I know they were trying to get all the mobile phone stuff into the game.

Not sure whom you mean by “they.” Morfeo (a Spanish hacker) released a modified Crystal a couple years ago that had some mobile features put back in, but I never looked at it in great detail to confirm it was complete.

We’ve actually just started on a Pokémon Crystal disassembly. Contributions welcome. :)

Markliujy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 11:45:44 am »
This thread gave me the idea to put my Atelier Elie translation (which has been pretty much dead for two years) on GitHub. That and it made me feel like actually working on it again...

trudatman

• View Profile
    • trudatman games
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »
everybody is always welcomed to take what they need from anything I have worked on, which admittedly isn't too much.

"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." -HJ Simpson