News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: PS2 Translation hacking (initial d special stage)  (Read 6108 times)

accretio

PS2 Translation hacking (initial d special stage)
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:13:53 am »
hi guys, I've decided to work on a ps2 translation project (not sure how hard it's gonna be) of Initial D: Special Stage. I'm still new to this whole thing so any help would really be appreciated. So far, I've extracted the .AFS file of the story mode which contains the text (i think) with AFS Explorer and I'm now sitting with 19 different .bin files. I then used EmEditor to view it and changed the encoding to Japanese (auto). I'm now able to see the kanji characters and some "D's" after some kanji which means I might be getting somewhere. What would be the next step in translating this? The words all seem to be jumbled up and make no sense. Thanks

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: PS2 Translation hacking (initial d special stage)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:03:00 pm »
How to ask question the smart way....

First of all believe that nobody as ever worked on the game you want to translate/hack.

At least a screenshot of the "jumbled up and make no sense" would give a little idea if you are completely on the wrong track or if you have some compression in the text or else.