News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Game protected by libcrypt or crc-check  (Read 2852 times)

ikskoks

• http://ikskoks.pl/
    • View Profile
    • ikskoks.pl
Game protected by libcrypt or crc-check
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »
Helo. I have game protected by libcrypt or crc-check. It is  MediEvil 2 PAL.
I'm trying make polish translation to this game.

When i change something (graphics or hexs) in a file inside the disc image of this game, it corrupts and crashes when i launch a game in a ePSXe emulator.
My friend told me that is protection's fault and i must remove it. How can i do this?

I'm using cdmage to insert and export files from disc image. It fixes ECC/EDC errors on the fly and i think this is reason of broken game, because cdmage repairs corrupted sectors needlessly and checksum of the image is incorrect. Do you know any programs with functions of cdmage, but not fixing ECC/EDC on the fly?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Game protected by libcrypt or crc-check
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:43:11 pm »
Are the sizes of the files you're re-inserting different at all?

The Playstation Translation Doc seems pertinent; it appears there are a number of reasons why problems might arise rather than there necessarily being some kind of crc check.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

ikskoks

• http://ikskoks.pl/
    • View Profile
    • ikskoks.pl
Re: Game protected by libcrypt or crc-check
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:05:45 am »
The sizes of the files i'm re-inserting are exactly the same.
I export file from image by cdmage, edit it in tile molester and put back to the disc image. After this, game crashes when i play on ePSXe ; )

Game also crashes when i change some hex in snesedit (without exporting file by cdmage)

EDIT:
The Playstation Translation Doc seems pertinent; it appears there are a number of reasons why problems might arise rather than there necessarily being some kind of crc check.
What do you mean? I read this doc and it doesn't help me ; )
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:34:20 am by ikskoks »