News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help finding video/animation  (Read 4005 times)

Cain

• View Profile
Help finding video/animation
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:57:00 pm »
In my SaGa 3 DS translation project there's some sort of video or animation at the end of the title loop that I can't find.  None of the NANR files in the rom are it.  Basically the animation shows the logo for the title screen then it switches over to the title screen itself.  The animation and the title screen are two different things because we have already translated the title screen image.  Basically you get the untranslated version then it flips over to the translated version.   If you need more information then you can see what I mean in the teaser video I uploaded to youtube for our upcoming patch.  I'm not trying to promote my project here, but I don't know a better way than to show the issue.  Anyway, if it's a problem I'll remove the link, but I would like to try to get this problem resolved.  Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFCe3h7Cjnc&t=1m38s

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: Help finding video/animation
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:40:07 pm »
From the look of it, you probably need to live with that because what you are seaching is probably still inside the movie and from what i know, there is not way to change the movies at that level for now.
I am taking a look at the game anyway and try to confirm it.

Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:51:17 pm »
Thanks.  SaGa2 had a similar video but CN managed to change it.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the person that did it.

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:45:00 am »
I just watched your video on youtube and it seemed that it was a real video (encoded with the mobie? clip coded that is only available by paying money) but at the second look it's looking like I am wrong.
The intro is a mix of 3D rendering and 2D images (you probably found the names in the rom as well) so it's almost sure to say you probably can change it.
My quess is the 3D file at the beginning of the filelist (the ones marked on the pic).

I suggest you go to the personal projects section in this forum and grab the latest version of console tool by Low Lines and try to open those files.

If you find it, you can extract it but not reinsert it.
To reinsert it, you have to try with Tinke (http://gbatemp.net/topic/303529-tinke-072/) and hope that pleonex implemented already the function to reinsert the textures.

If not, I actually don't find it so bad that it show the japanese name shortly, just correct the position of yours so that it doesn't jump around :p

Just as funny thing, are there some dubs that saga3 is based on sage2 engine??

;D

Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 09:14:19 am »
Everything under data/0_title seems to be leftovers from SaGa 2.  The text and opening credits for SaGa3 are under data\title_loop and the thing we can't figure out is what camera_line.nsbmd is.  The console tool just opens a wireframe on it.  Thanks for helping me out with this.

EDIT:

Ok using the console tool I went though every nsbmd file until I found it.  The file turned out to be field/data/mdl/0623.nsmbd.  Now I just have to figure out how I can edit this thing.  Thanks again for helping point me in the right direction.

EDIT 2: Ok I was able to use console tool to export and decompress the file.  Doing some research I can use a tool called NSBMD Tool which will dump the textures and whatnot, except that it fails on the file.  Are there any other tools that can be used to edit nsbmd files?  Google doesn't seem to be helping me today, or perhaps my search terms aren't correct.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:20:44 am by Cain »

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »
You are welcome.

Basically the title screen should be only  2D texture even if inside a 3D file and probably compressed so a compression search in that file with crystaltile should give you something.
Like i said before, Tinke is worth a try or else http://gbatemp.net/topic/299444-mkds-course-modifier/.

Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »
So it seems the only tool that can show the texture is Console Tool.  NSBMD Tool throws an error when I try to extract the textures.  See the code block.  The file uses LZ77 compression which Console Tool seems to be able to handle.  The texture I want is the first one in the file.  So close, yet so far away.

EDIT:  Here's a zip file with both a compressed and uncompressed version of the file in questions.  The texture we're trying to get at is the first one (tex  0 'ttl_01 256x256);

http://cainsdomain.com/saga3/0623.nsbmd.zip

Code: [Select]
DEBUG: file size = 00029184 (168324)
=================================
reading 'MDL0'...
No. of Model = 01
reading model 0...
DEBUG: texnum = 6
tex (matid=6): 'ttl_01'
tex (matid=1): 'ttl_03'
tex (matid=2): 'ttl_04'
tex (matid=0): 'ttl_05'
tex (matid=5): 'ttl_06'
tex (matid=7): 'ttl_07'
DEBUG: palnum = 6
pal (matid=6): 'p1'
pal (matid=1): 'p3'
pal (matid=2): 'p4'
pal (matid=0): 'p5'
pal (matid=5): 'p6'
pal (matid=7): 'z'
DEBUG: matid = 0, texname: ttl_05, palname: p5
DEBUG: matid = 1, texname: ttl_03, palname: p3
DEBUG: matid = 2, texname: ttl_04, palname: p4
DEBUG: matid = 3, texname: , palname:
DEBUG: matid = 4, texname: , palname:
DEBUG: matid = 5, texname: ttl_06, palname: p6
DEBUG: polynum = 8
DEBUG: codeoffset = 0000028c
=================================
reading 'TEX0'...
DEBUG: blockoffset = 000040c8, blocksize = 00024dd4
texnum = 6, palnum = 6
tex  0 'ttl_01          ': offset = 0000425c size = 00010000 [W,H] = [256,256]
tex  1 'ttl_03          ': offset = 0001425c size = 00002000 [W,H] = [32,256]
tex  2 'ttl_04          ': offset = 0001625c size = 00000800 [W,H] = [16,128]
tex  3 'ttl_05          ': offset = 00016a5c size = 00002000 [W,H] = [128,128]
tex  4 'ttl_06          ': offset = 00018a5c size = 00010000 [W,H] = [256,256]
tex  5 'ttl_07          ': offset = 00028a5c size = 00000200 [W,H] = [16,64]
pal 'p1' size = 512
pal 'p3' size = 16
pal 'p4' size = 16
pal 'p5' size = -16
pal 'p6' size = 48
DEBUG: converting pal 'p1', palentry = 256
DEBUG: converting pal 'p3', palentry = 8
DEBUG: converting pal 'p4', palentry = 8
ERROR readtex0
Unknown ID VCL0 is not supported
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:59:45 pm by Cain »

Nagato

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 12:54:19 am »
Take a look at MKDS Course Modifier. You can use it to extract the NSBTX from the NSBMD which the program can edit. Once you have the edited NSBTX you can just reinsert it back into the NSBMD. To reinsert the NSBTX file you would need to edit the total filesize at 0x08 and fix the section pointers. I threw together a quick tool since the entire process is just splitting the NSBMD into two and readjusting a couple things. It assumes that there will only be 1 TEX0 section in any files it deals with and will exit if it can't find one. The various tools I opened the modified file in showed that it at least worked there but I don't know how it'll work in-game. Here's the docs if you (or anyone else) wants to write something better for modifying NSBMD files.

Modified example: http://www.mediafire.com/?j92vrwr8ktr0hjr
Tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?6pecw3ow5p5kjeq

Use it from the command prompt like so: insertnsbtx.exe 0623.nsbmd.decompressed 1.nsbtx test.nsbmd

Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »
Finally got it to work.  Thanks to all for their help.