News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Work Thread: Die Bahnwelt  (Read 3498 times)

RadicalR

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Work Thread: Die Bahnwelt
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:30:13 pm »
Well, I have decided to finally get off my lazy butt and finish my projects.

Starting with Die Bahnwelt, a game that was released for the little known computer system, X68000. (Commonly referred to as the x68k).
Picked up a translator, and we're truckin' through the game at a pretty good rate. I would like to have some proofers and some testers eventually.

The game is freeware now, the author makes it available on their website to download. Sharp released all rights to the x68k.

Anyways, here's proof that I have translated the opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkedf9KY6h0

Valkyrie_Ace

• View Profile
Re: Work Thread: Die Bahnwelt
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:54:19 am »
@2:30: "Among the people, there are those who has the view that it is a relic of an ancient civilization."

Should be "have the view".  Interesting looking game, but the opening is kind of slow-paced.

RadicalR

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:34 am »
That's only the opening animation. (And thanks to emulators, you can speed it up.)
I just like to let it run. Also, that typo has been pointed out to me like 10 times already, but thanks for the report!

Once I get my first few maps inserted, I'll be requesting some beta testers to proof the script for me.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:00:05 pm by RadicalR »

tashi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:56:31 pm »
Yoyo. I'm tling this bad boy, so I thought I'd chip in with some news!

All the map files have been translated (roughly). Since I did it all out of context, and most of it was out of order, it's not very coherent and it has no flow. So my next step is to play through the game and fix up the script.

But for reference, I wanted to record the playthrough so I could easily check scenes and so forth. So far I have tried Fraps and Camstudio ... fraps didn't have any options for output format, and it didn't even record anything. Camstudio messed up the FPS and was like 3GB for 20s of video. So if anyone has suggestions? :>