News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X1-X3 and 7th saga Hacks and Docs (SNES)  (Read 17023 times)

Manamiko

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X1-X3 and 7th saga Hacks and Docs (SNES)
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 08:18:22 pm »
Definitely looking forward to any progress on The 7th Saga. I think despite the difficult and linear grinding that this rpg is very underestimated and with enough edition could be very enjoyable while still retaining its challenge. A universal editor would be even more incredible *similar to lazy shell and temporal flux for SMRPG & C-T.* Keep up the awesome work!

dudejo

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X1-X3 and 7th saga Hacks and Docs (SNES)
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 11:22:15 am »
Definitely looking forward to any progress on The 7th Saga. I think despite the difficult and linear grinding that this rpg is very underestimated and with enough edition could be very enjoyable while still retaining its challenge. A universal editor would be even more incredible *similar to lazy shell and temporal flux for SMRPG & C-T.* Keep up the awesome work!

slidelljohn has been working on new graphics while Red X posted a major gameplay redesign patch.

Personally, I consider the latter especially important to work on. The game itself isn't exactly on par with the likes of Final Fantasy so the way I see it, beating up monsters has to be as fun as possible.

The main gameplay problems I personally remember is the general uselessness of offensive magic and the exaggerated power boost that enemy apprentices get. While the player-controlled Wilme or Lux can hold their own, the others are screwed because they also depend on weapons and armor.

To a lesser extent, there's also a harsh difficulty spike once you enter the end-game segment.