News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Screenshots

Started by Gemini, September 04, 2011, 09:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Googie

Just finished editing level 20 the other day, finally some progress on one of my projects.

DoomJedi

Hi, quite new to nes hacking (did small editing in the past), learning my way up (very not new to pixel art and modding though). Just learned how to change sprite palettes so decided to make one of my dream hacks.
As we know Donkey Kong was originally made to be a Popeye game (instead it helped to create a Mario character, hooray!), but I always wanted to recreate on nes the original vision for Popeye.
Yes, I know there have been some attempts before but I thought I could do better.

This is current progress:

...yes, I know, barrels had to go green but it's the only..."lesser" alteration.

Still work on progress but not too much left to do. Man I leaned alot on nes palettes and such during this.

yugisokubodai

Title screen from Samurai Pizza cats, Famicom.

yugisokubodai

Hiryƫ no ken 3, a pain in the ass to edit this title screen.

FlashPV

yugisokubodai

In game sprite comparison.

FlashPV

Nice, could you tell me what's changed to do that?

yugisokubodai

I just changed the sprite ID and its position. This picture used all sprite available for the NES sprite so you can't add anymore. Just change some sprites, remove ones that are hidden by the text and add ones to position that are not hidden by the new text.

Donkeyjack

I keep getting a green screen of death when I leave Sasune Castle after reaching level 10. IDK why this occurs.

Midna

Quote from: Donkeyjack on September 18, 2022, 05:59:22 PMI keep getting a green screen of death when I leave Sasune Castle after reaching level 10. IDK why this occurs.

Think you posted this in the wrong thread.

Googie

Quote from: DoomJedi on July 19, 2022, 03:28:00 PMHi, quite new to nes hacking (did small editing in the past), learning my way up (very not new to pixel art and modding though). Just learned how to change sprite palettes so decided to make one of my dream hacks.
As we know Donkey Kong was originally made to be a Popeye game (instead it helped to create a Mario character, hooray!), but I always wanted to recreate on nes the original vision for Popeye.
Yes, I know there have been some attempts before but I thought I could do better.

This is current progress:

...yes, I know, barrels had to go green but it's the only..."lesser" alteration.

Still work on progress but not too much left to do. Man I leaned alot on nes palettes and such during this.

You have no idea how hard I was laughing when I saw this pic, I'd love to see this concept in the DK game with the Pie Factory Level.