News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 1255162 times)

Majik

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1820 on: September 09, 2021, 12:24:35 pm »
Variable Width Font I implemented for Vampire Panic (PS2). I still think it needs adjustments... I can't decide if the characters are too close together.

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #1821 on: September 09, 2021, 02:31:26 pm »
Nice work with the VWF, but I'm not sure that font is ideal for such a hack. It could be the spacing, but I feel like a thicker/bolder font would be easier to read.

Majik

• View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 09, 2021, 03:43:43 pm »
Yeah, I agree. The font is quite thin and also doesn't have a good drop shadow to it. Normally I like to have the letters touch but in this case I think I need to leave atleast one pixel between each letter. If that doesn't work out then it's gotta be replaced.

Majik

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 07, 2021, 08:50:27 pm »
Another Variable Width Font I have been working on for "Forbidden Siren 2" on the PS2. ;)
I will also add support for the French, Italian, German, and Spanish fonts.

kyuwert

• View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 22, 2021, 09:00:48 pm »
Making really good progress on my Paladin's Quest hack. This originally started as a Lennus relocalization but total lack of ASM knowledge held me back. Even so, I've done some cool stuff with PQ like downsizing the font from 8x16 to 8x8, freeing up about 70-80 extra tiles for icons and "squish" tiles (used rarely and tastefully ;)). This is very much a labor of love for me, and I'm taking some minor creative liberties, but everything is done with the intent of presenting the game as I believe it was meant to be. Either way I'm having a lot of fun watching it develop and take a life of its own. I did almost all of the new icons by hand and can't believe how well they turned out considering there are only 2 colors available. I've found a ton of mistranslations in the menus alone, haven't even made it to the dialogue yet! There's also still a lot of improvement to be done if only I can find the code for some of these UI windows. Can you spot the uncensored graphic? 😳

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #1825 on: October 22, 2021, 11:08:42 pm »
Wow! Thanks for putting this project on my radar! Your work looks really great.

Oh, and nice rack ;)

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #1826 on: October 31, 2021, 06:27:55 pm »

This shows off the new fonts for Surging Aura. The font used for the description is the one VicVergil created based off the Phantasy Star 4 font. The font used for the spell names is one I threw together based on VicVergil. With these changes, the longest spell name (not shown) just fits! :beer:
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P