News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 1199693 times)

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #760 on: May 24, 2014, 01:40:25 pm »
I love this game, it is simple to hacking? You use VWF dialogue?

The battle dialog is easy enough to get at and, with a bit of assembly-level hacking, you can change which strings are said during which moves (very helpful in tweaking Hiei's jaou* moves) but pretty much all of the graphics are compressed (including the fonts and various interface pieces) and the menu strings use some really weird control codes. And yeah, hacked a VWF into it years ago.

C_CliFF

• View Profile
    • General CoolNES Translations
« Reply #761 on: May 28, 2014, 02:44:41 pm »
I've got 'em archived. http://www.hitbox.tv/GideonZhi

Any chance you might put those on Youtube? There seem to be a problem watching those on tablets.

So why don't I watch them on my computer? Well, I just made a back surgery since I had an accident and can only sit for short moments for 8 weeks plus watching videos on tablet is always nice. Unless the problem is just my nexus 10.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #762 on: May 28, 2014, 03:24:58 pm »
I... don't know, actually. I'm not sure if youtube will let me upload a video longer than 15 minutes? Plus there's the music playing in the background and the possibility of a resulting copyright strike.

C_CliFF

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 28, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »
I think you can increase the 15 min limit if you verify your account https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?rd=1

I don't know about the music though so it might not be worth the risk. It seem hitbox team is working on an Android app though so i'll wait for that.

I'm also gonna try if I can cast a tab on your video with chromecast when I get home.

TheFireRed

• Restricted Access
  • Fall of Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 28, 2014, 04:43:44 pm »
Any chance you might put those on Youtube? There seem to be a problem watching those on tablets.

So why don't I watch them on my computer? Well, I just made a back surgery since I had an accident and can only sit for short moments for 8 weeks plus watching videos on tablet is always nice. Unless the problem is just my nexus 10.
I thought I'd upload the videos myself to Dropbox or something like that but they're so friggin' enormously gigantic. Though I can provide a direct link to the files hosted at hitbox.

http://edge.vie.hitbox.tv/static/videos/recordings/gideonzhi-1398647614.flv.mp4

That's the latest video Gideon uploaded. Let me know if that works and I'll just copy the rest of the links. :)

C_CliFF

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:58 pm »
I thought I'd upload the videos myself to Dropbox or something like that but they're so friggin' enormously gigantic. Though I can provide a direct link to the files hosted at hitbox.

http://edge.vie.hitbox.tv/static/videos/recordings/gideonzhi-1398647614.flv.mp4

That's the latest video Gideon uploaded. Let me know if that works and I'll just copy the rest of the links. :)

Yes it works. :) Thanks alot!

TheFireRed

• Restricted Access
  • Fall of Fall
    • View Profile

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 28, 2014, 06:15:39 pm »
I... don't know, actually. I'm not sure if youtube will let me upload a video longer than 15 minutes? Plus there's the music playing in the background and the possibility of a resulting copyright strike.

I know. I had five seconds of music in one video and copyright-bot blocked it.
I'd argue fair use if I thought the video was worth arguing about, but it was just a personal video to show a friend.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

KC

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 30, 2014, 10:18:27 am »
A double project!

Working on two versions of the same game poses an interesting challenge. Both have similar, but not identical text. Each version also has its unique technical issues.
This is in no way related to the project of the SNES version by AGTP.

a1999a

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 30, 2014, 11:20:29 am »
Glad to see someone working on super robot wars.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #770 on: May 31, 2014, 06:40:09 am »
Better resolution, alpha on fonts, and VWF = extremely sexy visuals. Looking forward too seeing more of the DS version as well!
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #771 on: June 06, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »

I've been doing a lot of GB hacking over the past year. Much more so than my usual NES stomping grounds especially when considering the size and scope of my hacks. Anyhow, I bypassed the compression and am loading various graphics and data uncompressed in the expanded ROM space. I will be working on hacking the names next and will be doing 2 displays hacks to accommodate the menus.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 07, 2014, 05:32:01 pm »
Always loved Destiny of an Emperor on the original NES. Heard there was a Gameboy version but never gave it a go... cool to see someone messing with it!  :thumbsup:

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #773 on: June 07, 2014, 06:29:36 pm »

I just finished my name hack for the game.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 11, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »
Destiny of an Emperor for the GB! I heard it was a Very different kind of game from the NES versions. All in all looks like you're doing a fantastic job so far with it, I am quite excited to play it when it was fully translated.

(Love the avatar by the way, Maad Mikkelsen plays an Incredible Hannibal, a wonderful show, all in all, great acting, all around.)

Yoshimaster96

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 14, 2014, 01:55:55 pm »
As my first post, I'd like to share something I've been working on for a long time: Super Monkey Ball!
First attempt:

Vertex shading:

Custom texture:

SMB2:

Placing objects:

DevEd

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 16, 2014, 12:14:47 pm »
As long as people are hacking games that haven't been hacked before, I'll just leave this here:

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003, baby!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #777 on: June 17, 2014, 03:52:34 pm »
I was gonna cancel this hack, but Vanya encouraged me to keep going. There are tiles in Code Name Viper that won't fit into Rolling Thunder's tiles because the hero in Rolling Thunder is too small, but I'll make the best of it and I made some bootlegged graphics. I'll most likely post a video soon... :D   

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2014, 06:10:33 am »
I think it'll make a good hack. For some reason I've always liked CNV more than RT, so I'm all for this.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2014, 10:22:18 am »
Not a romhack but an actual engine I'm working on:

It's Resident Evil: Survivor remade in classic style. The third picture is a test I made with rooms imported from RE1, while the last one is of a RE1 Saturn exclusive enemy named "Tick" (ignore Chimera's description).
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.