News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 1156018 times)

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2013, 11:33:53 am »
Might I make a suggestion for an edit? In English, the standard for ellipsis is three periods "...".

This is something that I hear a lot in my translation work, since Japanese just goes wild with the extra periods.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Carnivol

• Consider it a privilege!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 11, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »
Well, technically, I suppose you could do .... (4 w/no space after the first 3), as long as the fourth symbol is a piece of properly applied punctuation (!?., etc.), right?

Of course, going by the screenshot I assume brought this forth; I guess 3 or 4 periods totally depends on whether or not you want to treat the ellipsis as a lead in to the next sentence or if it's a stand-alone sentence of its own. (Depending on context, maybe ? or ! to stress/enhance the "reaction" going on?)

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #662 on: November 12, 2013, 06:25:25 pm »
Well, technically, I suppose you could do .... (4 w/no space after the first 3), as long as the fourth symbol is a piece of properly applied punctuation (!?., etc.), right?
That’s the usual rule, but if your little bit of dialogue starts with it, better 3. 4 is usually kept for statements that are not going to be continued.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 14, 2013, 08:26:00 pm »
- Mini side project on crap laptop while things are still being settled up in my new home.

Again, as before, hope Ryusui doesn't mind at all.  (I could bump this to the original game if needed).

It's officially Patty's more updated portrait imported into the game (Though with the wrong palette).  The difference between the old image and this one is that there's no portrait issues anymore.  All portraits in-game are dictated by specific pointers and the game no longer loads every portrait into VRAM and picks from a selection.  Instead, it takes the PC number, gets the pointer and stores it.  And then the routine to load the portrait from VRAM now goes through it's counter and picks the 4 main VRAM portrait selections that the original did.  So instead of the original 9184 byte usage in VRAM, it now only uses 2048!

Edit: Bumping all of this to the original game.  I think I'd prefer to use mainly my own from scratch so I know where everything is and what's being done.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:09:34 pm by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 14, 2013, 09:59:00 pm »

It's officially Patty's more updated portrait imported into the game (Though with the wrong palette).
Great! I've always like Patty! Could you do her as a Dragon Summoner instead of Morpher? I fancied her to be a Dragon Summoner for a change of pace. Or is this just for sho'?  :-*

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 15, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »
I'm actually unsure what I want to do at the moment.  I was thinking of just trying to get her basics setup.  Have a placement for stats, name, spells, sprites, etc.. and that'd be about it.

Though, I'm tempted to do a much larger hack if I decide to go full force.

I have NO clue what she'd be or how she'd work in battle and outside of battle.  She's a bit of a trickier person to work with since there's really nothing on her.

Edit: Welp, as it stands, there's NO room for Patty at all in RAM.  There's a few ways I could go about this but either way is going to be extremely painful.

Way #1 is to move ALL PC's data back by 80 bytes so I could fit in two more PC's for whatever reason another one would be necessary. 

Way #2 is to write an exception for Patty only so her data loads somewhere else.

Way #3 is to shrink all PC's data by 6 bytes (Unused bytes) to barely fit Patty in.

No matter which way it's done, a HUGE amount of code has to be altered unless the game is magical in it's own way and has a single piece of code for each piece of data.  But as I'm thinking without checking atm, I'd have to edit all menu data, equipment removing/equipping, item usage, level up, battle stats, experience, etc..  ALL of that would need to be changed to accommodate for the changes.  I think even data IN-GAME would have to change as well.

Edit: - Minor update that doesn't look like much.

I'm still testing a few things with the new portrait routine.  Seems like it.. bugs sometimes for some reason, not sure quite why yet.  Other than that, all portraits work.  I've moved everything to a regular Breath of Fire II ROM and all PC stats so far have been moved 600 bytes forward into the 7E57E0 range (Had various SRAM/Savestates to look at and I didn't see any values anywhere for this.  And if any do appear here, I can just throw them back into the 7E51E0 range that's now completely blank!)

I'm still in the midst of fixing a few things with the stats as I have to check other things such as when Ryu's PC value gets changed from 19 to 00 in the beginning of the game (09 in the original).  Fix that, then onto SRAM Saving/Loading and THEN it should basically be ready to go!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:32:24 am by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »

A little something I've been working on for this Ninja Rahoi game. The character names were originally 4 characters, but I've been able to extend them to 6 now.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2013, 09:15:25 pm »
Dat Reply #666  >:D

Btw nice fonts Pennywise. What its called? And doesn't HP & AP fit in the states window?

The character names were originally 4 characters, but I've been able to extend them to 6 now.
Did you use squishy tiles on the names? Kazemaru has 8 letters.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #668 on: November 21, 2013, 12:51:22 am »

Btw nice fonts Pennywise. What its called? And doesn't HP & AP fit in the states window?

Don't know the name of the font, but you can rip it from my Jajamaru translation and do what you want with it.

I only use squishy tiles when it's an issue of screen space, so yes Kazemaru uses squishy tiles.

I'm working on some polishing hacks, but the game is basically hacked and I'll have more screenshots when I have some stuff to show off. Fun game, kinda like Tengai Makyou, but more extreme.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 21, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »
I'd probably go with HP/MHP or H/MHP.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #670 on: December 16, 2013, 02:15:53 am »

So is it the end or not?

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 17, 2013, 12:00:34 am »
Considering all the sequels and spin-offs, no.

Revenant

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 24, 2013, 11:48:00 am »

just testin

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 25, 2013, 12:50:45 pm »
Man, I remember back on an early version of acmlm board, Kirby's Adventure was like some pipe dream progress--so much was getting discovered, but at the same time, what was discovered made the game so unappealing to hack up :p cool to see some better progress this time around  :beer:

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #674 on: December 25, 2013, 02:04:28 pm »

I hacked this menu a bit on the top. It's also supposed to display status conditions, which I'm going to replace with icons for a snug fit.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2013, 12:59:15 am »

It's Djinn's font. First used in Gegege translation, as I recall. So, all credits go to him on this one.

Revenant

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2013, 06:05:19 am »

using FCEUX / Lua to explore tile behavior because I have too much free time or something

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #677 on: December 26, 2013, 09:01:06 am »
That font looks familiar. :D
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

andrewculver

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 26, 2013, 11:34:24 am »
Here's a couple screenshots from some early work on a Knight Gundam Story 3 translation that Tom and I are working on.

The script is about 20% translated. There is a DTE and a substring compression routine implemented here that combined are allowing us to compress the translated text to about 65% of it's normal size.

Revenant

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 28, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

more Lua nonsense