That's actually just back-porting Tom Slattery's FFVI Advance text into the SNES game. I'll agree it's a lovely script, though.
Yeah, I was attempting to make a "perfect copy" of the GBA version, copying the entire translation and the font used in the GBA port. There's a little problem with the font though. Due to its smaller size, you rarely see text in the 4th line of the dialog box. Leaving the speaker's name alone in the 1st line would fix this "issue", but it would also change the feel of the game a little. The project was also supposed to uncensor the Pub signs and the Silence spell graphics, but there was something wrong with the latter. Apparently, 4 tiles were missing (I discovered this after comparing the JP and US versions), it's very likely that they were removed.
The project was about 85% complete. I finished the whole field dialog, what actually made me give up were the battle dialog and the spell/summon attack names (I'd have to move the texts to another block to expand them). If I learn a little more about romhacking, maybe I'll revive this project, and of course, finish it.