News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 986032 times)

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2013, 12:25:12 pm »
My baby steps in romhacking: Inserting FFIV mobile version characters into the SNES ROM.

I had been looking for those sprites. Do you have them all?

Gedankenschild

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2013, 03:13:55 pm »
I had been looking for those sprites. Do you have them all?

No, I don't. At this point I have the four per character you find at the official Japanese website + additional ones I found searching the web for promo screenshots (which are hard to find). Also DK Cecil and Fusoya seem 100% identical to their After Years counterparts.

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
    • None at the moment, check out my Last.fm page instead?
« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2013, 03:45:35 am »

This is custom code, seeing how hard it will be to make a replacement for GB Colorizer. :)
Open Source Hacking Projects: Guru Logic Champ, Telefang 2, (Want more? Check out my GitHub!)

Revenant

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2013, 11:32:26 pm »
More editor progress.

Almost all tiles and obstacles are displayed (except for a few obscure enemy variations that I need to verify). Ignore my bad programmer art.

Currently only the tile and obstacle types are actually editable (notice that the height slider doesn't match the Z-values displayed on the selected tiles). No saving yet, either. It's a start.

After that, it'll be a very tedious matter of putting together dozens of big isometric metatiles for the real tilemaps :D

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 21, 2013, 04:59:25 am »

More colorization. Can anyone name the game?
Open Source Hacking Projects: Guru Logic Champ, Telefang 2, (Want more? Check out my GitHub!)

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 21, 2013, 08:29:13 am »
I don't know the game but I'm looking forward to more information on a replacement for GB Colorizer!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:44 am »
I think that's ZAS.
Sadly I will probably never own it as I have been told the sellers on amazon JP are not completely insane asking 500 bucks for it cart-only.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2013, 01:17:44 pm »
Game stores in Japan sometimes sell loose copies for about 8000-10000 Yen and from time to time eBay BINs from 150-200$ pop up. (you have to be quick on them though)
If you are patient and ready to spend some money the game is not so far away from you.

Nice to see a coloration hack of this game. The bosses are awesome and the leveldesign is quite good. The best shooter of GB Classic imo.

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 22, 2013, 12:03:04 am »
Yep, it's ZAS. Played through the whole game, and I think I took care of every bug the colorization caused (mostly due to fade ins and outs, and setting the palettes differently in the ending cutscenes). The ending cutscene/credits are beautiful as well.

I really like this palette, but I feel like having the entire game in a single palette (well, the palette for sprites is a little different) is kind of a waste. I'm not much of a graphics designer though. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Added myself to the credits. :D

How does the alignment look? The earlier names are all aligned like the ones you see at the top, but my name isn't long enough to do it that way.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:28:01 am by Spikeman »

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 22, 2013, 02:40:44 am »
Looks good to me.

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2013, 11:22:36 am »
I've been helping with the Shining Force III Translation project (mostly image editing).  The Shining Force III Premium Disc is being patch is getting updated to be more consistent with the other disc's. In doing that we wanted to redo the menu screen but need some help. Since the game is being translated into several languages, we wanted to provide the cleaned (blank) image so each of the translation projects can use it as needed.

I included a DOWNLOAD link to the original images if anyone is interested in offering help.

Original Image:

WIP Modified image: I'm having trouble recreating the image behind the Japanese text. If anyone can clean that up for me, I'd be eternally grateful.

Source Image: This is to be used for reference to recreate the image behind the text.

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »
How's this?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:00:41 pm by Rhys »

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »

This is custom code, seeing how hard it will be to make a replacement for GB Colorizer. :)
Interesting. Will there be an alternate palette for the Extra Mode or not?

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2013, 11:06:24 pm »
How's this?

That looks amazing! Thank you very much for your help!

Spikeman

• *unce unce unce*
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 23, 2013, 06:50:34 am »
Interesting. Will there be an alternate palette for the Extra Mode or not?

Yeah, I was planning on doing something like this eventually. Currently working on my colorizer code in another game (see my ZAS screenshots above and in my personal projects), but similar concepts should apply directly to kirby.

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #455 on: March 23, 2013, 10:23:51 am »

This thread is so much win.  So glad I introduced spikeman to the awesome game of zas.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 23, 2013, 12:05:35 pm »

This could be done with emulator settings you know. If you don't want to make it look like it uses the GBA's Gameboy colorizing feature, you should use more color.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 23, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »
I've assumed that right now Spikeman is just making the code work first before worrying about making the colors better than the GBC's built-in colorizing.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #458 on: March 24, 2013, 09:17:20 am »
I've assumed that right now Spikeman is just making the code work first before worrying about making the colors better than the GBC's built-in colorizing.

That's correct.  Technically any of these screenshots can be made with photoshop.

Gedankenschild

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 27, 2013, 10:47:44 pm »
Some more progress...  :)