News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Screenshots

Started by Gemini, September 04, 2011, 09:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majik

Variable Width Font I implemented for Vampire Panic (PS2). I still think it needs adjustments... I can't decide if the characters are too close together.








Pennywise

Nice work with the VWF, but I'm not sure that font is ideal for such a hack. It could be the spacing, but I feel like a thicker/bolder font would be easier to read.

Majik

Yeah, I agree. The font is quite thin and also doesn't have a good drop shadow to it. Normally I like to have the letters touch but in this case I think I need to leave atleast one pixel between each letter. If that doesn't work out then it's gotta be replaced.

Majik

Another Variable Width Font I have been working on for "Forbidden Siren 2" on the PS2. ;)
I will also add support for the French, Italian, German, and Spanish fonts.






Joehayo

Making really good progress on my Paladin's Quest hack. This originally started as a Lennus relocalization but total lack of ASM knowledge held me back. Even so, I've done some cool stuff with PQ like downsizing the font from 8x16 to 8x8, freeing up about 70-80 extra tiles for icons and "squish" tiles (used rarely and tastefully ;)). This is very much a labor of love for me, and I'm taking some minor creative liberties, but everything is done with the intent of presenting the game as I believe it was meant to be. Either way I'm having a lot of fun watching it develop and take a life of its own. I did almost all of the new icons by hand and can't believe how well they turned out considering there are only 2 colors available. I've found a ton of mistranslations in the menus alone, haven't even made it to the dialogue yet! There's also still a lot of improvement to be done if only I can find the code for some of these UI windows. Can you spot the uncensored graphic? 😳






Draken

Wow! Thanks for putting this project on my radar! Your work looks really great.

Oh, and nice rack ;)

RedComet



This shows off the new fonts for Surging Aura. The font used for the description is the one VicVergil created based off the Phantasy Star 4 font. The font used for the spell names is one I threw together based on VicVergil. With these changes, the longest spell name (not shown) just fits! :beer:
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

RealGaea

I'll throw all of these here, since RHDN bot refused to update the new screenshots.







Happy 30th Anniversary, Cap.

xfixium

Sega Master System: Street Fighter II graphical update hack

Work in progress, some floors haven't been finalized yet. There will be two versions of the hack, one using palettes closer to the original game, and one with The World Warrior palettes. Which tend to be day time/brighter colors. All screenshots are in game captures.

Original/Hack





filler

These look really cool!

Googie



I'm done with World 1-2, Zynk was nice enough to put my cartoons in this hack.  ;)

RealGaea

Quote from: xfixium on February 01, 2022, 10:49:49 AM
Sega Master System: Street Fighter II graphical update hack

Work in progress, some floors haven't been finalized yet. There will be two versions of the hack, one using palettes closer to the original game, and one with The World Warrior palettes. Which tend to be day time/brighter colors. All screenshots are in game captures.

Original/Hack






Impressive work! I hope you can release it celebrating SF 35th Anniversary.

Guyver

Nuts & Milk (Dark Fall Edition) ver. 0.9 gameplay:





In the game, the light turns off when the player falls. To turn on the light, you need to collect all the fruits.
I not the wizard, I only study...

ponlork


Zynk

Just need to replay the game for the nth time  :D

4lorn

Text insertion for the English translation of Galaxy Fleet on MS-DOS, which I'm working on with mkwong98.



The original game has really nice art but the mission briefings are hard to read. I decided to create a background window for better readability.


Googie



I whipped this up last night outta boredom, used graphics from various N&M hacks, thinking of editing levels if someone is down to hook me up with a title screen. ;) 

4lorn

#1837





Emptyeye

A couple things that I'm pretty sure don't follow RHDN guidelines, but that I nonetheless had fun making, so I threw the patches up on my website. Some edits to the Final Fight 1 and 2 SNES continue screens for the US versions.

For Final Fight 1, I tried to edit it to make it a little closer to the arcade version. This mainly meant changing the "TNT" to "Dynamite", replacing Cody's chains with ropes, and (While you can't see it in screenshots) editing the animations so their speed is more in line with the arcade version's when taking the reduced number of frames into account.



With Final Fight 2, I just made it so the water goes high enough that it would actually drown the characters. This was literally a 3-byte change--starting position of the water, speed the water rises, and a third byte that for whatever reason checked the max height of the water, even though said height isn't normally hit prior to Game Over.



To download them:
Final Fight 1 (NOTE: This will not work with Final Fight Guy--some of the data got moved around between the initial SNES release of Final Fight and Final Fight Guy). I also haven't tested this with the J version of the ROM.
Final Fight 2 (Requires a US version--the J version will not work)

SCD

Quote from: 4lorn on May 28, 2022, 06:20:41 PM





That looks incredible, you did a excellent job on making it look more like its arcade counterpart.