News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1384008 times)

#

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6120 on: October 10, 2019, 11:57:26 am »

OMG I laughed so hard when I saw that image! :D

Oh okay I see what you mean. Would it be hard to edit the heads into Trump and Pence with what's already available?
It's not that hard, but due to the small size it would be more of a passing resemblance, or you'd have to change the monster bodies into just walking heads.

Hack request for:
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (Genesis/Mega Drive)

https://uploadfiles.io/t6hgarf2
You can switch back to 3 button mode by holding C + Start on controller 1 when you enter the options menu.

xstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: October 10, 2019, 10:52:05 pm »
I would love to see a hack of the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker where you can play as the adult version of the Hero of Time Link, along with some changes to the story and dialogue. The reason I mention playing as the adult version is because at the end of Ocarina of Time, after Link defeats Ganon, Zelda plays the song of time to send Link back seven years into the past to relive his childhood, but rather then being sent into the past, Link mistakenly ends up in the future, right where Wind Waker's story begins. I guess, in a way, it would be like Breath of the Wild's story, but on GameCube.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: October 11, 2019, 12:44:51 pm »
What exactly is wrong with it?
Sorry for taking so long, but the problem is that tiles get all scrambled as you move.  You'll notice immediately at the start.

The unpatched game doesn't have this behavior, and the patched version also doesn't when played on other emulators such as FCEUmm or FCEUX.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:49:55 pm by Chronosplit »

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:03 pm »
I think I saw someone mad a simultateous 2 player hack for SMB1. Would it be possible to do that to SMW. I wouldn't be suprised if there was something like that. If not, sure would be nice to play one.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:06 pm »
I think I saw someone mad a simultateous 2 player hack for SMB1. Would it be possible to do that to SMW. I wouldn't be suprised if there was something like that. If not, sure would be nice to play one.
The big question would be vertical scrolling.  SMB1 didn't really do such much enough to matter to the view for both players, but once you go to 2/3/world you need to figure out a solution for what happens when one player goes off the screen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:10:01 pm by Chronosplit »

ShaolinTechnique

• View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: October 11, 2019, 07:45:40 pm »
Hi everyone. I was wondering if it would be possible to hack Herc's Adventures for the PS1/Saturn so that players could pass through each other in co-op mode. I like this game alot, but trying to play it with another person is miserable because you keep getting stuck on each other.

https://youtu.be/vdCGHpYKovw?t=735

hossbags2

• View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: October 11, 2019, 08:11:40 pm »
hack Forgotten Wolds for Genesis so it is compatible with 6 button controller instead of a game over and not using mode button

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #6127 on: October 12, 2019, 05:52:26 pm »
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Hey Marcos Jr, I don't know if you're still checking out the thread, but I had a go at what you asked for. :)

If you open the game in a hex editor and make two changes, you can use your special attack as much as you like - provided you have at least some power.

Just change:
03B8F1   from 06 to 01 (checks you have x amount of power)
03B90C   from 06 to 00 (subtracts x amount of power from total)

Of course you could probably change the first one to 00 instead of 01, so it'll always work, but whatever, I didn't test that.

The second thing you wanted was to move the special attack to another button, but I haven't got round to that yet. Still, it's something. ;)

technickal

• View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: October 13, 2019, 05:40:52 pm »
Someone previously suggested this with Superstar Saga, but I'd like to see Super Mario Bros. Deluxe in English with all the QoL improvements from the later-released Japanese version.

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: October 14, 2019, 06:20:59 pm »
A hack of Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen (SNES) that uses the SNES mouse for the cursor movement and the buttons for selecting characters on the field and zooming the map - as well as onscreen icons for menus, such as panning the map, zooming the camera and unit lists.
Additionally, restore the removed text on the intro in the US version (it was on the Japanese version), since it was English on the PS1 version.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:00:28 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6130 on: October 15, 2019, 10:09:01 am »
Hyper Iria (SNES)
Would be cool to see a FastROM hack for this one, considering it has a ton of slowdown even with just one big enemy on screen.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

roabel8

• View Profile
Someone pls add Zelda Minish Cap roll mechanic on A link to the past?
« Reply #6131 on: October 16, 2019, 01:46:11 pm »
I always thought if anyone else thought of this idea, I think this is what made Zelda Minish Cap for me so enjoyable. Thanks.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: October 17, 2019, 11:00:57 am »
I would love to see hacks of both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons where you can get all the items of each game without having to rely on the trading "feature" of them.

Something like the endless Pokemon hacks where you can get all Pokemons in one sole game without trading, the same thing for OoA/OoS so you can enjoy each game as a standalone outing without having to deal with the obnoxious thing of the trading.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: October 17, 2019, 11:22:49 am »
Sorry for taking so long, but the problem is that tiles get all scrambled as you move.  You'll notice immediately at the start.

The unpatched game doesn't have this behavior, and the patched version also doesn't when played on other emulators such as FCEUmm or FCEUX.
It's an emulator issue. Mesen handles the special mapper of the game based on its CRC. Just add the translation CRC to a Mesen build and you can play it without any issues.

I would love to see hacks of both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons where you can get all the items of each game without having to rely on the trading "feature" of them.

Something like the endless Pokemon hacks where you can get all Pokemons in one sole game without trading, the same thing for OoA/OoS so you can enjoy each game as a standalone outing without having to deal with the obnoxious thing of the trading.
Sounds like a good idea for some sort of Redux hack.

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: October 17, 2019, 03:03:44 pm »
A much better save system that doesn't rely on the A+B+Start+Select button combo from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX.

It's a fugging pain to do this combo in emulators.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: October 17, 2019, 03:04:27 pm »

The best part of playing Oracles is playing both, though.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: October 17, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »
The Immortal (NES/Genesis) hacks:

NES version:
*Lower the difficulty in battle, so overworld enemies damages you one life point.
*Restore the fatalities in the battle screen.
*Remove some of the traps in the whole game.
*Also, because of the game's punishing nature of making the player "Dunric" die a lot, similar to Dark Souls, how about turning it into a Dark Souls prequel game set between DS1 and DS2 but on the 8-bit NES hardware?

Genesis version:
*Add the battle theme from the NES version. The Genesis version (or the MS-DOS version) never had any music in battles.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:41:34 pm by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.