News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: how do you patch?  (Read 3396 times)

snstay

• View Profile
how do you patch?
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:40:06 pm »
Help i downloaded the patch program. put the rom and patch in it and got nothing. Where dose the patched rom go? Im failing miserably . And i would like to try some of these hacks out.
Thanks!!

Scott

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: how do you patch?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »
Are you really expecting an answer to such a question??
I would say that it's like if you ask "when i throw something out of my window, where will it land??"
I am pretty sure that there is a read.me that came with that patcher so read that or try to specify more what patcher you are talking about, what system etc...

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:00 pm »
IT should be pretty self-explanatory. You choose your ROM, and you choose the patch, and some patches will want you to tell it what to call the new patched file too. Others will just overwrite the rom.

If you can't figure it out, we need to know what kind of patch you're trying to apply, like an IPS or UPS, and knowing what program you are having trouble with might help too.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »
The simplest answer is "read the FAQ."
I'm disappointed in the replies. :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

snstay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »
Sorry for being so vauge. Ok i have the ispwin 2.o im using the castlevania comv2.isp patch. and the castlkevania (u) (prg1) [!] .nes rom. Now i put the file to pach space. And the isp rom in the isp patch to use space. Then i hit patch, it says file patched successfully, and thats where the lost rom happens. i cant figure out where it went. When i run the original castlevania rom i patched its just the original castlevania and not the hack. Im sorry if i sound like a noob but i basiclly am. But once i figure out where this patched rom went to ill be good to go.
Thanks

Scott

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:37 pm »
I just tried it, 3 times with different settings(backup and log), each time the Castlevania rom itself became Chorus of Mysteries when loaded with Nestopia.

Either try getting the rom from somewhere else, or maybe ipswin doesn't work so great with your operating system, and you need to try a different patching program.

snstay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »
Hey thanks for trying it out. I will try another rom and see how it works.

scott