News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 3391 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 05:06:34 pm »
Alright, new Megaman hacks.

I actually have a Demo version of Grey-Zone, but the demo had an incompleted Quick Man and Heat Man's stage(No music either). So I tried out the full version, and before selecting Quick Man's stage I was like "I bet this guy made an 8-Bit version of Overdrive Ostrich's theme for Quick Man's stage," as if it was an obvious choice for music(Considering Overdrive Ostrich is basically an animalized version of Quick Man). I was right on the nose. Just recently I was wondering when someone would do that. (Despite what I've said in the Music from HELL thread, I've pretty much gotten used to the music from Megaman X 2.) Actually, that makes Bubble Crab the only robot master from Megaman X 2 to not have his theme converted to an 8-bit hack. (Magna Centipede, Flame Stag, Morph Moth, and Wheel Gator all had their themes converted in Megaman 2 Deluxe. Wire Sponge's theme, as well as Overdrive Ostrich's them as I mentioned before, are both in Grey Zone. Crystal Snail also had his theme converted to 8-bit in a rare, currently unfinished (according to my knowledge) hack called Rockman MindRoar. If anyone can prove me wrong about Bubble Crab's theme, or the current state of Rockman MindRoar, feel free to do so.)

Edit: Even though I said Grey Zone isn't that hard, watch out! Air Man's stage is basically the Megaman 2 equivalent of Hell. It even LOOKS like Hell too. You have TWO really difficult laser areas and you basically NEED energy for both of them, unless you're a Megaman god. Get past the first area with the laser by using The Flash stopper, then farm for energy points to refill The Flash stopper before moving on to the checkpoint, then use The Flash stopper there. If you cannot get past these two laser areas in one shot, you might as well waste the rest of your lives committing suicide, cause between the starting point/first laser challenge and the checkpoint/second laser challenge, you will not get a single chance to farm for energy to refill The Flash Stopper.

One more thing, the theme used for the stage is Flame Mammoth's theme from Megaman Xtreme 2 (Technically, yes. The verse only loops twice, like it does in Megaman Xtreme 2, rather than four time like it does in Megaman X.) and personally, this stage has kicked my *** so much that I never want to listen to Flame Mammoth's theme ever again!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:15:37 am by Plint Michigan »