News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Is there any easy to use SMB gfx editor?  (Read 2212 times)

darkhog

• View Profile
Is there any easy to use SMB gfx editor?
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:06 pm »
Since in YY-CHR all sprites in SMB come up as scrambled (and believe me, I tried every possible alignment option) and title screen, the biggest image in game which I want to edit too is most scrambled and can't get it right can you give me some hints on any SMB-specific sprite and tile editors so I'll be able to edit all sprites easily?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: Is there any easy to use SMB gfx editor?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:38:28 pm »
Tile Layer Pro has a feature where you can arrange tiles, but it's still probably not what you want.

You can take a screenshot of the title screen etc. and edit it to your liking then paste it back into the ROM. You can also write a program to dump the data and display the raw tiles as it would be in-game.

darkhog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:08:15 am »
Tile Layer Pro has a feature where you can arrange tiles, but it's still probably not what you want.

You can take a screenshot of the title screen etc. and edit it to your liking then paste it back into the ROM. You can also write a program to dump the data and display the raw tiles as it would be in-game.

Actually that'd be enough given the fact LunarMagic has similar feature and I played with it with good success. Also is it dos program? If so, does it run in DOSBox?

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »
It's a Windows program.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.