News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Nature [Demo (updated 7/24/11) Released]  (Read 24394 times)

kuja killer

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Nature [Demo Released]
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 03:26:03 am »
pretty cool so far. :) I'm liking it. I only played for about an hour so far. In the Arrow Crypt. I was stumped in only just 1 room that had a bunch of different colored floor tiles,
but i figured it out after like 15 minutes. :)
cant believe i didn't even think about pushing the obvious block. hehe :P

Will continue later, taking a break for now.
game has only crashed 2 times so far. only just when i began from the beginning. im like talking to people in the houses, and all of sudden out no where a error popup box says "unknown opcode FC", emu crashes. only happened 2 times so far. But it's no big deal cause i had only just started if ya know what i mean.

besides that, im already feeling alot more comfortable with this honestly, compared to the "zelda nightmare illusion" hack.

Vanisle

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Nature [Demo Released]
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 03:15:27 pm »
im like talking to people in the houses, and all of sudden out no where a error popup box says "unknown opcode FC", emu crashes. only happened 2 times so far. But it's no big deal cause i had only just started if ya know what i mean.

Oracles hacking has never been perfect with zole and the various other programs as using them actually breaks the game. What you encountered was either your emulator or just some pure unlucky moment, as opcode errors can happen regardless of the scripts we made. I along with a tester never had this problem, and I haven't been able to replicate it.

Although you should, along with everyone else, save very often because there are some times in the game that due to some game breakage (aww yeah) we have gotten crashes and cannot stop the crashes. I have however added some extreme Fatories simple, yet it works, protection to the those points in the game so crashes rarely if ever happen.

Lin

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Nature [Demo (updated) Released]
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 06:53:06 pm »
I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there's a new patch to download. A bug managed to slip in last-minute after a full run through the dungeon was performed by both Fatories and somebody else (For those wondering, it's the crash when re-entering the map with the turntile in level 1). Here's the new download: http://www.mediafire.com/?vsq3n3xvv9c88hm

Made in China

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Nature [Demo (updated) Released]
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 08:05:56 pm »
I know it's a long way to go, but have you consider editing the original oracle games' password system at the end, on top of reconfiguring Oracle of Nature's one, so there will finally be a trio of oracle games? I see it as an essential, due to the games' legacy.
Also, what about the Advance Shop? Any idea how to code that one in?

Lin

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Nature [Demo (updated 7/24/11) Released]
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 03:01:15 am »
*sigh* Again, a new update is needed. A bug again managed to slip in after the two runs, and since it blocks game progress, here's a new download that fixes it: http://www.mediafire.com/?aucd55tpywdldgw

For those who don't know what it does, it fixes the switch in the statue room not doing anything to the bridge on the basement floor of level 2.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 08:15:41 am »
i know how you feel lin. :( Release a demo of a hack, and then you disover some big problems immediately after that got to be fixed right away.

It happened to me last year when i released my 2nd megaman odyssey demo. Just about an hour after i uploaded to acmlm, there were a few big problems i just found and had to deal with asap, but i was hestiating to reupload again cause like 30 or so people had already downloaded within an hour.  Sucks having big bugs after releasing a demo.
--------------
Yea i totally understand it's not perfect Fatories . :) I did read the readme about it, so im aware you guys said that there might be a crash once in awhile.
i always use visualboy advance for all my gb/gbc/gba playing.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 02:04:49 pm »
No!  Big bugs being found are a good thing, since they let you fix things up.  It's not a sign that you missed something or didn't do a good job--it means that now you have the opportunity to take out one more bug and get closer to a bug-free release.  And us players don't mind it!  Just so long as you let us know when you've patched up the small things.

I still need to download this.  I've been following this for a little while now ^_^

Vanisle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 03:07:23 pm »
No!  Big bugs being found are a good thing, since they let you fix things up.  It's not a sign that you missed something or didn't do a good job--it means that now you have the opportunity to take out one more bug and get closer to a bug-free release.  And us players don't mind it!  Just so long as you let us know when you've patched up the small things.

It might not be a bad thing, but it's like the game is getting straight up in your face and saying "F*** you".  Well, only when you've tested the game, fixed a bunch of bugs, got another tester, fixed more bugs, then released. Guess we should have done more testing, oh well.

I've been quite busy with personal affairs since we released the demo, so all the bug fixes since then were done by lin. If I had time and wasn't super lazy, I would go through the game testing again to make sure there are no more bugs that show up.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 06:10:10 pm »
In Level 1 after defeat mini boss, it start lagging and slow when you get close to boss key.  I think it is really too much tile you put there.  Better change less tile.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:16 pm »
Mother of God, this is looking excellent.