News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Rondo of Blood English Patch (PSP to TurboGrafx-CD).  (Read 92469 times)

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
Re: Rondo of Blood PSP dub for PC-Engine.
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2012, 12:41:55 pm »
Just tested it, works great!
I'm fine with the translation that's on it right now. Unless someone comes up with a better one.

pemdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2012, 12:46:10 pm »
That is fantastic!! Great choice of words. Maybe just center align it?

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »
On the Peke title screen again...

I dumped the title screen graphic in feidian and the things scrambled up like a jigsaw puzzle.

Vanya's mockup isn't going to fit either, which I already kinda figured.
If someone here wants to make an English peke title screen then here is an organized example I made of how it looks dumped.

It should help with getting the size for everything correct. I'm going with the...

Castlevania
Oops, wrong game!

...Translation.
If some one does make this, post it here and I'll re-scramble everything together and insert it into the game to see how it looks.   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:38:50 pm by Burnt Lasagna »

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2012, 03:40:27 pm »
Yeah, but I was just giving valid info ;) I have a feeling quite a few people are divided on the X thing, though that really isn't my concern.

Made some progress on the ferryman from stage 4':

Most SAT hacking that I've done so far (created a whole new SAT for it from scratch and put it in another place in memory). Also, the 6x12 code/hook was reused for this.

Some other missed translation needed:

(give you health there)
Which is different than when he gives you the key:

^ Already had that one translated. Just showing it for the sake of difference and what it refers to.

Also note: I modified the text to fit in the first pic. There's a 16 character limit per row and only two rows.
Y'know, I translated those lines on the last page. >_>

Also, while I like the idea of the logo with the "X" in there, most of those seem really hard on the eyes. I mean, I guess I'd have to see them in game to be fair. But most of them hurt my eyes (because of the colors, not because they were done poorly).

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »

The red color on the main Castlevania logo (the one which, if the letters were 3-Dimensional objects, would be on their sides) shouldn't be such a gaudy shade of magenta, it should be blood red. Is this possible with the available palette?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:23:33 pm by Spooniest »

pemdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »
Thats why the copyright text went pink. Palette needs to be tweaked, if possible.

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »
Y'know, I translated those lines on the last page. >_>

Yes, but only three of them because that's all I had posted at the time. The middle image, despite having similar text, is a different string and condition. I clipped/changed some because they didn't fit the character limit (not that it's permanent; I'm not the translator).

Edit: The billboard needs to be translated for the mini stage?

(second pic has some text that the girl character says)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:12:33 am by tomaitheous »

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2012, 10:56:37 am »
Yeah just the billboard (this I know I mentioned in the readme/on the front page).
I already have what Maria says in the word bubble translated in the latest patch. (She says "sorry")

I believe pemdawg had a lead on how to hack the billboard text but I'm really not positive on that since he hasn't told me much.

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2012, 11:08:12 am »
Assuming I found the right one in the ISO, the billboard text is just uncompressed PCE tiles (not sprite cells). Though its setup a bit strange. It's two bitmaps; a 16 tile wide pair on either side. That's why it looks really scrambled. If you got a translation, I can insert it.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2012, 11:41:53 am »
Assuming I found the right one in the ISO, the billboard text is just uncompressed PCE tiles (not sprite cells).
Really? I never came across it when I was editing all the title cards. What address is it at?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2012, 11:46:29 am »
I'm just guessing here.
Something like "This game software uses the Super CD-ROM2. Put us in action with the Super System Card."
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2012, 12:05:50 pm »
Really? I never came across it when I was editing all the title cards. What address is it at?

Title cards? You mean at the start of the stages? Those are in sprite cell format, which is completely different than PCE tile format (an odd thing for the system of its generation; sprite cells are completely different planar order than tiles).

The whole chunk of tiles and sprites are loaded from ISO offset 0x1800 (sector 3 in LBA offsets) and it's $c000 bytes in length (that single load includes the tiles and sprite cells in a single load). The tile chunk themselves are in the ISO at 0x1800 to 0x4400.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2012, 01:05:33 pm »
Title cards? You mean at the start of the stages? Those are in sprite cell format, which is completely different than PCE tile format (an odd thing for the system of its generation; sprite cells are completely different planar order than tiles).
Okay no wonder I didn't find it :P
I used tilemolester to view the image and as you said, it's slightly screwed up.
Do you know if feidian can dump tiles? Because I hate editing things in a tile editor.

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2012, 03:12:54 pm »
'Dunno. Never used feidian. I use TMOD2 (under XP, with PCE modules) to dump and insert tile/sprites, usually, for on the fly stuff or just looking for GFX in general. Though it's a tile editor like TM, it at least has PCE sprite cell support that TM doesn't.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:00 pm »
Hmm, alright.
I know the PSP version has the words "press start" on this billboard since that error message doesn't make since with the PSP.
So if someone can translate this that would be much appreciated. 

pemdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2012, 05:25:22 pm »
There are recycled tiles in that System Card message, so simply dropping in a replacement will not work. Oh, and it says"This CD ROM is Super CD-Rom2 system game software. A Super System Card is required."

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:30 pm »
Okay tomaitheous, how would you go about editing this?
I've been trying to find a practical way of editing this billboard. I would like to just dump it into a bitmap and then edit in image editor then inject that bitmap back into the game but I can’t seem to find a way to do this (like what FEIDIAN does).

You seemed like you already knew how to edit this so if you care to shed some light on the most efficient way to do this then hopefully that will cure my headache with this billboard.

pemdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2012, 11:39:38 pm »
My files are all gone, but I edited in whatever was around in 2002, and I just worked around the repeated tiles. It was sloppy and ugly. I just remember it using some of the tiles more than once so  couldn't simply write whatever I wanted. Might need some of Tom's magic or creative tilework from Rey.

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »
It looks like pemdawg is right. Some of the tiles are reused. I'll see what I can do for redoing the tilemap for a linear bitmap layout. If you want, use a 128x104 bitmap to make the message. Or 16x13 tiles or 20x10 (160x80). Use whatever font you want. I'll handle the conversion and insertion.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »
Well, that last text definitely shouldn't be as polite as it was. He's being very slangy, and basically telling him to never come back.

The screen says "This CD-ROM is game software for use with the Super CD-ROM 2. Please use the Super System Card".

And then the girl says "Sorry!"

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior