News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A few questions regarding the SMB3 timer  (Read 1711 times)

ElBlocko

• View Profile
A few questions regarding the SMB3 timer
« on: October 26, 2011, 05:52:41 pm »
I want to try my hand at creating a Pit of 100 Trials style hack for Super Mario Bros. 3, and the timer is proving to be a bit problematic. While I could just take the lazy route and give the player unlimited time to clear all the segments, I'd like to have that little extra bit of pressure that the clock brings.

I'd like start the timer with 200 seconds and have some pickups scattered around (preferably the Mushroom/Flower/Star goal card pieces that you can add in as pickups) that can add bonus time. Is there any quick way to edit these sprites so that they add bonus time as opposed to giving Mario a goal card, or would it involve a lot of assembly modification? In addition, is it possible to change the initial timer of 200 seconds to something different like 100 or 999?

The goal card sprites I'm talking about are sprites 0x21, 0x22 and 0x23, known as "Flashing Mushroom/Flower/Star" in SMB3 Workshop.

November 01, 2011, 08:18:43 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Nevermind, I figured it out. This can be locked now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:18:43 pm by ElBlocko »