News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Pending submission: 'Final Fantasy VI/III (U) Save Anywhere Patch'  (Read 10742 times)

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Re: Pending submission: 'Final Fantasy VI/III (U) Save Anywhere Patch'
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 09:53:40 am »
It might also be interesting to see whether this has the side effect of enabling tent and cabin use anywhere, and not just on save points.
Since Tent use depends on the save bit being enabled, I can safely say without looking that Tents are enabled everywhere as well.

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

creeperton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29:46 pm »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:52:58 am by creeperton »

bboydocument

• View Profile
Re: Pending submission: \'Final Fantasy VI/III (U) Save Anywhere Patch\'
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »
Looks like tents will be a lot harder to come by when this hack is used in someone's patch.

Hi creeperton, not sure how this will affect item drops?

Btw I'll look into that request you made when I get time

September 24, 2011, 08:52:07 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Since Tent use depends on the save bit being enabled, I can safely say without looking that Tents are enabled everywhere as well.

I've just tried this out. Looks like sleeping bags/tents still need to be used at save points or world map.

I believe this is because there must be another "save point check" as you enter the Items menu. I didn't patch this part of the ROM...I actually prefer it like this to make the game 'fairer', but if you guys think I should update the patch then let me know.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:52:07 am by bboydocument »

bboydocument

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 12:46:39 am »
Does this screw up the puzzles in Locke's scenario if you're able to save in town?

Dwedit, I can now test this scenario (which is saving fine btw), but i'd like you to help me out here. Do you have a specific test case you want me to try? Let me know and i'll return with results.

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 02:34:22 am »
I'm mainly interested in bugs resulting from people moving to one place, then being in a different place after saving and reloading, so you can effectively walk through them.
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

bboydocument

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 03:34:25 am »
I'm mainly interested in bugs resulting from people moving to one place, then being in a different place after saving and reloading, so you can effectively walk through them.

Okay I'll try that. I think I noticed the kid at the stairs moving back in position after saving/reloading in front of him (after guessing the password), but I'll check again
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:39:48 am by bboydocument »