News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Debias: Legendary Space-Time Hero English Translation Released!  (Read 6499 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Gil Galad

Debias: Legendary Space-Time Hero, formally known as Jikuu Yuuden Debias has been released as a 100% full English translation. This game is a Famicom game with an accessory that can be viewed at my website that will help you during your adventure in using the Zodiac like wheel. I also have maps given to me by reyvgm and the original manual from Pennywise.

This game somewhat resembles Cadash and has day/night cycles similar to Castlevania II without the messages. After passing Elbos Gate, you'll find three doors leading to very large areas to explore. You can read more about it in the readme file I provided with the patch.

A big thanks to Steve Martin for translating the scripts and also to Paul Jensen who translated the title for the game.

Have fun and enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://gilgalad.arc-nova.org/)

Validus

• View Profile
THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC

keep up the great work!!! cant wait to play this!!

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
This one looks great!

Looking forward to Hanjuku Hero too.  If you ever need any technical help with that one, I'd be happy to help get over any hurdles.

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

As far as technical help is concerned, I appreciate the offer. Although, so far I have everything under control.  :)

I hope that you guys enjoy the hack. I know I had fun hacking and playing it.
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
you had me at "Cadash"

curses

• "So long."
    • View Profile
You had me at Cadash, too. And also Gil Galad and Steve Martin, by the way.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
It's not a bad game and you could probably beat in an afternoon as long as the game doesn't stump you.

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
Reminds me of CV II, but this game put all the ideas together nicely than the latter.

Thanks and congrats on the release! BTW and speaking of Simon's Quest, are you still working on Dracula II?

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
Reminds me of CV II, but this game put all the ideas together nicely than the latter.

Thanks and congrats on the release! BTW and speaking of Simon's Quest, are you still working on Dracula II?

I most certainly am still working on Dracula II. I have all the text inserted now, that's done. What remains is the titlescreen hack which I've been slowly working on. As with the entire game (unlike Castlevania II), the disk space is EXTREMELY limited. So, I'm trying to squeeze in all the detail that I can.

There is also one issue that currently has me stumped. Let's see if I can explain this right. There are black screen boot messages for loading and changing the side of the disk as well as a couple of errors. Each message uses two CHR-RAM files. One of them uses the standard font set of the entire game, the other is certain select tiles with letters. The code is the same for both sides of the disk in the main core file, so, since I changed it to be English, it doesn't match the other font set.

So, I had to change some of the tiles and I managed this fine for the disk messages back and forth between the titlescreen and the game. For the ending screens, it's a bit more difficult. You have to change certain tiles and the tombstone behind simon has been changed. So, this messes up the simon sprite and has to be recoded. I've been investigating this issue and slowly working it out.

Once I get this issue resolved or figure out a work-around it will be a matter of time before it's ready to be released. Now, so that you guys understand some things about it. Some of the names are different and of course the text is different. In certain areas text is really short because again, EXTREME space limitations. I have DTE, MTE, sub-string encoding and it still isn't enough for ALL areas. Not to mention expanded files and new files as well.

And now back to Debias, I just got some more material for the original Japanese game from Pennywise and will be posting it soon on my site. Yes, the game doesn't take too long to beat and isn't too difficult to figure out once you get the basics down about how it works. Although, some areas you can easily get lost in.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention;

Spoiler:
There are two endings to the game.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:01:25 pm by Gil Galad »
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

Validus

• View Profile
HELP

How do I speak to people walking around? When I hit start there is a talk option, evertime I select it it takes me back to the play screen and if I try to speak with the action button i swing my sword. Sometime the person even RUNS if I hit them>?

Am I only supposed to speak to people in doors? this isnt like Ys or CV2?