Welp, that time again.
1. All PC's have been bumped to Bank 61 for character battle data. 610000 is Mint. 611000 is Arche. 612000 is Chester, etc.. All battle data can be used from any bank now. I have NOT moved Cless because he's technically hard-coded. I have a lot of work to do with him yet to even get him as a automated battle person. Then again, I have to write two separate systems. One specifically for 'Manual' mode stuff and one specifically for them being AI controlled. So I'll have to copy the battle data and have them have a base set up like Cless's to work.
2. I'm looking into the Menu Palette issues I had before, rather, palette issues in general. One palette is repeated twice and both are used for the same thing. You delete one, it kills the graphics. It's really strange and I have NO clue why it does this or what's making it do that. (I have yet to find out where it READS the palette from).
Actually writing this post and checking, I just found out more on how this palette system works. All I can say is this shit is really weird and annoying. The same palette is written TWICE in RAM and is loaded through a 0-7(?) spectrum. The latter numbers are for Layer 3 things like the reflection in the water, mirror, shadow etc.. but it uses the exact same palette as the first one that's stored, just in a separate area (Wtf?). But otherwise, pretty sure that can be reworked to use the same palette on the Sprite Layer. Legitimately, I'm completely baffled at this. But that DOES mean I can actually use a working palette system for this game. I just have to figure out how it reads/stores the palettes and work from there!
3. Working on Brambert (Brambald/Rambert/Rambard)'s whatever the hell people want to call him, voices. There's an enemy in Tales of Eternia that had a shit ton of cut out voices and he actually has the tone of voice I want for him. So with that, got a horde of spells and am using bits and pieces of him and other people to create custom voices. I won't give any skill set list yet as he's still in progress for ideas. But I'm aiming to NOT make him a replacement for Chester or Arche, but rather be viable for either or.
4. Once I crack this damn palette system and make it work how I want, I'll start importing the PSX sprites like before and HOPEFULLY things can start getting back on track. When that happens, I'll start bumping the battle sprite data to new areas and importing the PSX sprites/animations. I took a test with Cless and he's literally just ONE tile too small to fit. Though with how this game works, it may load up 3-4 extra tiles and cause VRAM issues. So I have to do some super extensive testing.
5. Have two new spells for Arche planned out slightly. One of them is already in-game and used by an enemy, so I decided to see if I can make it a retrievable spell for her. I haven't done any coding yet but I have the voices ready. One of them will be a light elemental and the other will be another dark elemental as she's very much lacking in that.
6. Have a slur of new arte voices for Lilith. These were done months ago for a fan-game I was attempting to work on but got bored. So they'll be put to good use here. She's going to be more of an ass kicker than before if I can get her working and in-game correctly. May also have a 'secret' variation as well