News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translating Conan 2  (Read 3120 times)

shygodan

• View Profile
    • Blog de OdnetninI
Translating Conan 2
« on: August 14, 2011, 08:06:27 am »
Hi
I am new to this world, along with not very well do I communicate with you for being Spanish speaking, so I ask you something I have not succeeded, although I have translated from English to Spanish games, I can not do the Japanese.
It turns out that I have the game conan 2, the differences, and I'm trying to translate, because there never going to leave or English. My problems are:
1. Can not find text files, the rom: LINK REMOVED.
2. Although I can read Japanese in firefox and in the office, I can not read it in hex ​​editor, or notepad.
3. The images are in a format (to decompress the narc) that I can not edit.
4. I hope to help, thanks.

I leave what I wrote really Spanish.

Hola:
Soy nuevo en este mundo, ademas no me comunico muy bien con vosotros por ser de habla hispana, por eso os pregunto algo que no he conseguido, aunque he traducido juegos de ingles a español, no consigo hacerlo del japones.
Resulta que tengo el juego del conan 2, el de las diferencias, y estoy tratando de traducirlo, porque no va ha salir nunca ni en ingles. mis problemas son:
1. No encuentro los archivos de texto, el rom: http://www.nds-extra.net/2009/06/rom-nds-detective-conan-2.html
2. Aunque puedo leer japones en el firefox y en el office, no puedo leerlo en editores hexadecimales, ni en el block de notas.
3. Las imagenes estan en un formato(al descomprimir el narc) que no consigo editar.
4. Espero ayuda gracias.

Os dejo lo que escribi realmente en español.

We don't allow linking to ROMs here. The link was removed.
Descriptive thread titles are also appreciated. The title was changed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:11:37 pm by KingMike »

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
Re: Help!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:01:48 am »
I use Windhex that's found here on this site. Just make a table file with Japanese characters and make sure you have the right fonts like MS Gothic for example.

In Windhex, go to options, change font. Choose MS Gothic and at the bottom change the script to Japanese.
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

shygodan

• View Profile
    • Blog de OdnetninI
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:04:28 am »
But I can't found the text files

FinS

• View Profile
    • nothing much
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:19:48 am »
You should remove that link from your first post.

You may need to use a table file with windhex. The second post here gives an example for a table file which is recommended for an nds game.
http://www.romhacking.net/docs/442/

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:27 am »
The text is probably in the files somewhere. Those are binary files, you can't read them like a text file. So, you need a table file with the hexadecimal numbers that equal the letters that are displayed onscreen. I suggest that you read "Getting Started" from the left menu under the category "Help". Sure, a lot of it is for older systems, but the same basic logic mostly applies to all other systems.

You can try use video RAM viewers in emulators. Relative search methods, try using a Shift-Jis table file, etc. It is up to you to figure out what encoding is being used by the game. The text could also possibly be compressed as well.
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

shygodan

• View Profile
    • Blog de OdnetninI
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:33:19 am »
Edit: Sorry, spanish..

First: I have the table
Second: I tried, but I can't found the table, if anyone examine the files and found the text, tell me.
But I think that text is in .bin script files.
Help and thanks.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need is important and urgent, please
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:09:32 pm by shygodan »