News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hacking Title Screens  (Read 4932 times)

classicgamer

• View Profile
Hacking Title Screens
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:09:42 pm »
I was wondering how to go about hacking the title screen to some games, to have a website I'm a staff member at instead of the name of the game.

For example, editing Zelda II, the open looks the same, but when Zelda II comes up, the name of the site comes up instead.

I would like several games done like this like

Final Fantasy III (US) VI (japan)
 Zelda II
 Startropics
 Dragon Warrior IV

Any popular NES/SNES game that the name of the game doesn't come up right away.

I would like this just as a short 10-15 second or shorter video that I can have to open several videos that I'll have on the site I staff at.

I've tried the Title Screen Hacking Made Easy faq, but still too stupid to understand what I'm supposed to do, and/or I need someone to ASM hack. I thought about putting a want ad for this, but I didn't see where I could post it.

I've tried using the emulator FCEUX too, the letters are too big to be put into a hexadecimal code for the games I've suggested.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:33:45 am by Chpexo »

classicgamer

• View Profile
Re: Hacking Title Screens
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:47:41 pm »
Let me be more specific,

For example the Zelda II opening, at the sword instead of Zelda II The Adventure of Link, I would the site I staff at name and then nothing else. I could stop video before the story comes up,

For Dragon Warrior IV, I'm not talking about the first screen, but the screen when it slowly spells out Dragon Warrior, I'd like it to spell out the site name. Then I cut stop video and nothing else be edited

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:18 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:33:33 am by Chpexo »

classicgamer

• View Profile
Re: Hacking Title Screens
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 04:56:53 pm »
Thanks for the help, I thought this would be an easy project, but this will turn out to be more time consuming than I thought. I now have a lot more respect for people that hack the entire game and put in their own graphics.

I wish I could hire someone to do this for me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:02:40 pm by classicgamer »