News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: need some advice regarding  (Read 5498 times)

ReyON

• Entry lvl hacker
    • View Profile
need some advice regarding
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:10:37 am »
hello , since i am a newbie i am posting here , i am sorry if this is the wrong section to post my problems.

1. I took super robot taisen R (Jap)(gba) as my first translation project. when i opened the rom in hexecute RC7 program, i am not able to view any Japanese fonts , instead i can only see gibberish text , even NJStar CJK viewer didn't help , below is the link to the pic of it.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn20/abs_kkk/srw%20R/glibberishtextsrwJ.jpg

2. I googled and checked if the problem is connected to compression of the fonts  but it seems the game maker has not compressed them , I opened the game in TilED and  the fonts are visible there , here is the link to the pic of it.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn20/abs_kkk/srw%20R/tilefontssrwR.jpg

3. I made a table file out of the remaining english alphabits which i could see in the hex editor , and here is the pic of it too.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn20/abs_kkk/srw%20R/srwRtable.jpg

what would be the next step after these?
active project : Super robot taisen G (gameboy), SD gundam G generation Advance (gba) {intermission menu translated}
Inactive project : Super robot taisen R (GBA)

Tito Santana

• View Profile
Re: need some advice regarding
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:10 am »
Do you have Japanese table file? If not, that is why Japanese won't show up in your hex editor. Also, most hackers prefer WindHex instead of Hexecute now.

ReyON

• Entry lvl hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 09:31:16 am »
no i dont have japanese table file, how will i make it if i cannot view the japanese fonts in the hex editer?
active project : Super robot taisen G (gameboy), SD gundam G generation Advance (gba) {intermission menu translated}

Tito Santana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:35:14 am »
You will have to relative search for text from the game. There are tutorials on this site that explain how to do that.

ReyON

• Entry lvl hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 09:37:58 am »
oh ok, thanks for the information.

Auryn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:58:26 pm »
Actually if you can see that english font, you "should" see japanese characters too in tileed.
If you not see them, probably the japanese font is compressed.

ReyON

• Entry lvl hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 01:21:50 pm »
yea i can see jap alphabits but i am having hard time with relative searching. i am currently using monkey moore , but it seems to hate me , every time i try searching a sentence , the program crashes :banghead:

irecinius

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 03:12:42 pm »
I've been using "SearchRX" (http://www.mediafire.com/?oennytymzn2) I googled it, tested and its the same as I have.

It does work on relatively big files, I'm using a 600MB file myself, and the program runs fine

ReyON

• Entry lvl hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 05:32:55 am »
@irecinuis thx for the program , it is good. But it cannot produce  japanese table file. it is making table files only for english alphabets.

btw i am currently focusing on removing the compressions , it seems to have compressions on strings, that seems to be the reason relative searching is not working.
i think i will cast this game aside for a while, since i dont have any experience in removing compressions.

I got my eyes on Super Robot Taisen G right now , it does not have graphics compressions cause i can clearly see the robot icons in TilED, character's avatars/portraits , and i can see the alphabets of both english and jap in it perfectly , now the hard part is making a Japanese table file..............lets see how it turns out.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:19:06 am by ReyON »

irecinius

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 07:09:43 pm »
WindHex32, its on the utility section, there is even a japanese relative search feature

use JWPCe to type and copy the japanese characters to windhex32 to search them..
then tabular to make a table with the values you have