News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 3045 times)

DBAce9Aura

• View Profile
Hi everybody
« on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:14 pm »
For the sake of not boring you people to death with a long winded introduction, this recently added translation request is the reason I signed up.

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/cogwheel/game/rebirth/

If nobody wants to bite, then I guess I could read the site's tutorials and learn how to do the work myself.

FaustWolf

• View Profile
Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:16:02 pm »
Oh snaaap, this looks awesome! Is this a Japanese indie game, or published by a big company? And what's the platform?

If it's a smaller company and this was released for PC, they might give thought to going official with an English translation. That baby looks quite interesting!
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »
It's a freeware RPG by an indie group. Unless I'm misinterpreting it, it's a remake of a game by another company into RPGMaker XP.

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:57:05 pm »
Well now, that sounds like a sticky situation! But if it's RPGMaker, I'd imagine the OP would have direct access to the files, on the upside? I can't wait to take this game for a spin sometime.

DBAce, it might be worth your while to draft up some correspondence to the group who made this and see if they'd bite on partnering with one of the English-language fan translation groups, provided of course that there's enough interest over here. Getting in touch with the source language fan base is just about the most powerful thing you can do when starting a project.

DBAce9Aura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »
It's worth noting that you can only play the game untranslated by setting your computer's internal regional setting to Japanese.

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »
Thanks for the warning. I wonder if there's some region setting that can be changed in the source files to help facilitate this project? 

BTW, is all dialogue presented like this in the game, or do the full-body portraits appear only in certain scenes? I'm such a sucker for big portraits!

DBAce9Aura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 05:01:25 pm »
FB Portraits are strictly for big scenes. There's also a couple of full scenario pics as well.