News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: AGTP Translation Megathread  (Read 36872 times)

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: AGTP Translation Megathread
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 01:12:05 pm »
Looks super cool!  Is there a lot of grinding and frequent random encounters in this game?

Honestly? I haven't actually played enough of it to be able to say!

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 11:23:12 pm »
Not too much grinding is needed from what I remember. The encounter rate isn't as bad as some other rpgs of the era either.

Fei

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2019, 06:15:57 pm »
Looks super cool!  Is there a lot of grinding and frequent random encounters in this game?
Yes to both, actually. Especially if you want your equipment to be up to date. You'll have to grind for money a lot.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2019, 01:12:23 pm »
Hi all, just dropping a quick note to say that Super Robot Wars 4's script retranslation has completed. It still needs editing and there are still 25 or so technical issues open in my task tracker (most of which involve tidying up menus) so there's still quite a bit left to do, but this is still a major milestone!

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2019, 09:40:12 pm »
I'm actually mad hype for Blue Sphere. That's one I've been looking forward to for years back when another translator took a crack at it. Thanks for all your hard work on all your projects my dude!!

Guadozoku

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2019, 02:26:24 am »
I'm actually mad hype for Blue Sphere. That's one I've been looking forward to for years back when another translator took a crack at it. Thanks for all your hard work on all your projects my dude!!
Hope he finishes it at this point. Someone took an unfinished translation (from where I'm not sure,) finished it, and released a repro cart, no patch release as far as I can tell.

Stories8106

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2019, 10:19:55 am »
Keep up the great work Gideon!

Fei

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 04:42:32 am »
Editing of Hero Chronicle is complete, and it was a very odd experience. Had a fun time debating Kamen Rider terms with the translator.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2020, 01:21:51 pm »
Super Robot Wars 4 progress:
The game is fully playable with only some very minor bugs... up until the point about 60% of the way in when MC gets an upgrade from the Gespenst to the Huckebein or Grungust, at which time the game crashes *hard.*

To-do list follows:
* Title Screen + Copyrights
* Stage Names
* Karaoke Mode
* Combat pop-ups ("CRITICAL" "BEAM COAT" etc)
* End credits
* Final tidy on name entry
* Script edit

Known bugs:
* Some rare minor graphical glitching when upgrading weapons
* Partner name entry not loading the right names
* Combine/Gattai menu option doesn't display right
* Robot creation dashboard (Huckebein/Grungust) hard-crashes the game

Unfortunately due to changes in sram handling for expanded names, saves aren't really compatible between the original Japanese version and this one, and this screen _still_ hard-crashes with the same save in the JP version. Going to be interesting to debug.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2021, 05:03:27 am »
Is there translation software that can be utilized to translate text in other software (like an emulator)?  Is that a thing?  I mean, I imagine if such a thing exists it might be pricey.

I would love to find something that allows for a trial version so you can see if you want to pay long-term.  Maybe test it out and eventually try some of these gems like SRW4 or Rejoice.

Would something like Lokalise work for this?  I am kind of new to this whole concept, not sure how to phrase the question.  For sure some snes, psx and genesis games I'd love to test this out on.

How does something like this work?
https://www.engadget.com/2019-09-01-retroarch-emulator-ai-translation.html

Decently?

It seems auto-translated features in emulators are in their infancy, not sure. 

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2021, 06:59:09 pm »
The new page format for AGN looks really good! Lovin it!

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2021, 04:27:38 am »
The new page format for AGN looks really good! Lovin it!

I feel like some information or pages were lost in the transition.

I swear there was a page for Little Master 3 (snes) on the old page but don't see anything on the new page.

I know he dropped some things, according to this:

"Second, I'm announcing that the projects for 3x3 Eyes, Fire Emblem, Goemon 2, Sutte Hakkun, and Romancing SaGa 2 are being canceled."

But couldn't find anything else on LM3 and it was not included in that list above so not sure.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 04:42:55 am by travel27 »

KobaBeach

• bad smw asm hacker, bad programmer (he/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2021, 04:32:51 pm »
Dont think he ever considered translating Nijiiro no Maseki. If anyone ever wants to hack it, hit me up.

My translations would definitely pale compared to Gideon’s tho!!!!

Love your work dude.
respectful, bad retranslation attempts, sort of japanese practice. not patch sadly.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2021, 07:37:25 am »
Dont think he ever considered translating Nijiiro no Maseki. If anyone ever wants to hack it, hit me up.

My translations would definitely pale compared to Gideon’s tho!!!!

Love your work dude.

At this point, this is all I could find.:

Quote from: Eien Ni Hen
Hey guys,

I don't know how much Gideon has told you about his progress on LM3, but I should let everyone know I'm his translator for the project. I've been working on it off and on for over a year, doing everything from kanji ID to the full script translation. I'm currently on my second draft of the script and hope to have it 100% finished (polished and all) by January at the latest.

I thought it was only fair to give you a heads up on our progress with the game. =)

Eien

This was in 2010.

I know another group that is working under the radar on Rejoice.  That one he 100% has on his page. But ya.  I am now even more sure at one point it was on his old page.  But maybe he canceled work on LM3, but it was not mentioned in one of his recent news postings when mentioning other canceled projects like 3x3 Eyes, Fire Emblem, Goemon 2, Sutte Hakkun, and Romancing SaGa 2.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2021, 11:51:25 pm »
I know another group that is working under the radar on Rejoice.  That one he 100% has on his page.

Rejoice is listed as 85%, not 100%. Text translation is complete and the text is inserted. It's pending edits and some menu work. Its page says as much.

I don't think Little Master 3 was ever listed on the website. I even have an old copy of the site from back when it was all HTML, and I don't have a copy of an lm3 page. I also have a full dump of all the news once it transitioned to a sql backend, and it isn't mentioned in the news anywhere either. I know I deleted a few pages when I dropped a couple of projects (you mentioned RS2, Sutte Hakkun, etc) but I didn't remove the related news items. At one point I'd agreed to work on it as a favor to DaMarsMan, but the actual files weren't... well, the translation was in a Word .doc file. It wasn't complete, and it wasn't an actual script dump, it was just a transcription. From what I can remember the game's actual text is embedded in a scripting language that makes it a pain in the butt to dump. Eventually DaMarsMan returned (I think he was in the military for a while) and resumed work on it. Not sure what happened after that. This was years ago though and I do still have the folder with the stuff, and it looks like there was an Atlas-format script dumped by g8z et al that's probably what Eien translated. Again though, not sure what happened with DaMarsMan and it was really always *his* project, so...

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2021, 03:03:48 am »
Thanks for the clarity on LM3, maybe I saw it on another site, if Damarsman had it, maybe that is where I saw it.  Or maybe it was a very similar game somewhere else.

Good luck on your future projects.