News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Modding WWF Smackdown 2  (Read 6863 times)

NMCM

Modding WWF Smackdown 2
« on: May 02, 2011, 04:24:12 pm »
Modding with Psxfin... or Epsxe

I've recently searched for a new way to mod psx games, exclusively WWF Smackdown !2. I was
able to rip textures from the game with 3D Ripper x and the Next 3D plugin. I was also able
to use texmod with psxfin. My question is how would I go about modding textures of the
characters in game. The emulator is different then using texmod with say a pc game...like
tomb raider. If I could modify the textures ripped and import them back into the game, that
would make a big difference in the texture quality and may have more people into modding
old psx games. I could really use the help of this forum in my research and my project.

Here are somethings that i've ripped

Friedslick6

• View Profile
Re: Modding WWF Smackdown 2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »
Heh, I posted the same method in the Spriters Resource community forum a while ago. What is being ripped are blocks of VRAM, with certain pallette data for the textures on each block. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to import those textures back into the game without knowledge of the game's texture format.
I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

NMCM

Re: Modding WWF Smackdown 2
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:04 pm »
Wow, I'll keep looking for different resources and hopefully make a breakthrough.