News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Grandia 2 PC Italian translation patch released!!!  (Read 5661 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Doppiapunta

After eight years ( yeah...8 years) of blood, tears, works over this great, neverending game the italian translation patch is finally out.
It comes with a self-installing file containing translations and graphics and a stand-alone files containing re-encoded and subtitled videos.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.figlidigaucci.eu)

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: Translations: Grandia 2 PC Italian translation patch released!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »
Congratulations! I'll probably never play this (not knowing Italian) but I can certainly sympathize with the amount of effort that goes into an 8-year project! Hope it was worth it :)

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:52:57 am »
Congratulations to Doppiapunta and all of the translators, it must have been a hard project, considering the huge amount of text and all the technical issues.
Sephiroth 1311
member of SadNES cITy
1st italian ROM translation group
http://www.sadnescity.it *********************** "Do you want to leave to your own eyes Only dreams that won't awaken you?" "Yes, Your Honour, but I want greater ones."

doppiapunta

• View Profile
    • I Figli di Gaucci productions Game Amateur Translation Team
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
Thank you guys for your kind comments :)

saito

• View Profile
    • .:TransGen:.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »
Good job with this one. I heard that the pointers were worse than Grandia 1, if so then it's a great accomplishment.
Congrats guys  :thumbsup:
.: TransGen :.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 01:57:43 pm »
Nice work on a massive effort, always great to see translations completed, particularly Italian =)
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

jmjohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »
Wow, this is really amazing doppi!  I don't know Italian but I wanted to see this in action anyways so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I see that not only have you translated all of the text, but you have fixed many of the bugs that plagued this version of the game as well.  What really got my attention though is the new functionality for custom resolutions (1920X1080 even).

So... Is it possible that us non-Italian-speaking-folks will get to enjoy all of your fixes with our original english versions?  It looks like your G2Config.exe is already in english so that shouldn't be too difficult right? ;p  :2X elbow-nudge: