News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII NES Project (Completed!)  (Read 633611 times)

Vincent7

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII NES Project
« Reply #1160 on: February 11, 2013, 08:52:15 am »
bugs report: in nibelheim in the house under shops can't walk to the right chest. And i can't open any chests i've found

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 17, 2013, 09:17:57 pm »
bugs report: in nibelheim in the house under shops can't walk to the right chest. And i can't open any chests i've found

I fixed the house. About the chests, not all chests can be opened. Just like in the original, there's a few houses that have chests that are just part of the scenery.

Any chance of having some enemy sprites posted as images on this forum?

I'm saving myself for when the patch is 100% done - before replaying the game...

Sure, I can post some pics up.

Temple of the Ancients is finished:

In the original Playstation game, when the Black Materia is retrieved, the temple disappears. But in the NES version, the temple remains intact.

But I'm going to fix that by using the top part of the map you see where the temple is missing from it's foundation. It'll give the illusion the temple disappeared, when you're actually just sent to a different part of the map.

And the only way the Temple of the Ancients can be accessed is by going there with the Keystone. Otherwise, there will be a barrier keeping you from entering the temple.

That way, after the Temple events, you won't be able to re-enter the map and see the temple re-appear.

Also, when I'm done, Cait Sith will be added back into the game as he was in the Playstation version.
Enjoy Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy? Check out my Dissidia Duodecim mods!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjcyBHNeY1g&app=desktop

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 18, 2013, 02:12:06 pm »
When you're done, could you make a document of this game? I want to make my own hack.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #1163 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:56 pm »
Neat progress on the hack so far!
Good to see that all your hard work slowly leads to a awesome & finished project :)

@knight:
Some people really need to learn the use of "please" and "thank you".

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:12 pm »
Neat progress on the hack so far!
Good to see that all your hard work slowly leads to a awesome & finished project :)

@knight:
Some people really need to learn the use of "please" and "thank you".

Yeah, I forgot. Thanks again Lugia!

detox420

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 19, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »
Yea, I've noticed a high amount of rudeness and commands being barked at lugia.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 20, 2013, 12:34:41 am »
When you've got the hottest project going on, you're bound to have a stalker or two with over inflated senses of entitlement.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 21, 2013, 10:41:19 am »
I don't think that "stalking" is the right word.  I just think that people that are interested is a better way of putting it. And I'm sure theres more people that are so called "stalking" this thread. Possibly people that are not even on this board.

detox420

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 25, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »
I am proud to say that I "Stalk" this page, although I rarely post, I check serveral times a day for updates from lugia. its not so much a bad thing, its just wrong to ask more from the man after he has already done soooo much, look at how long this project has been going, since before lugia even started working on it. This is a MASSSIVE project and has taken quite some time to see a completion in sight, that alone is good enough for me, I understand you want your own hack of this game, but I would say wait it out my friend. once the man finishes hell have plenty of time to take requests, that assuming he doesnt move onto the next project.

Vincent7

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 01, 2013, 03:27:31 pm »
After i got tiny bronco and Cid joins to the party, second tiny bronco still stay behind Cid's house when i back to the rocket town. Gotta fix it.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: March 10, 2013, 03:26:00 pm »
After i got tiny bronco and Cid joins to the party, second tiny bronco still stay behind Cid's house when i back to the rocket town. Gotta fix it.

I checked that out, but it doesn't look like I would be able to fix it.  I would need an event pointer in the section that calls upon an event when a map is entered.  But there aren't any open pointers I can use.

The inside of the Temple of the Ancients is finally done:

shulbocka

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 10, 2013, 04:06:29 pm »
Looking good man. This project is coming along nicely, good luck on the rest. You're getting there quickly.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 11, 2013, 04:53:08 pm »
I was messing around with the tile layer and man, every pixel is edited. Good job on the map! Now its not so mazey. That original maze was stupid. Every room looked the same. Like in FFXII the great crystal was similar to that. If I was in that maze, I would do a couple of battles then just run from all them until I get to the boss. In my opinion, I think up to this point, all the maps leading to the end of the game resemble the first game pretty well. SNT done a pretty good job on this game. Sadly, its their best they made. And sadly, it only resembles the story line and some other minor stuff like ripping FF3 sprites and coloring them. Also, where did they get those mugshots from? I've never seen them.

Lindblum

• Sometimes... Sometimes the diaper leaks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »
It feels good to see that after all this time there is still interest and activity in this project. I hope I get a chance to try the new patches soon, and make sure all my old bugs have been weeded out. I get too busy, though.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 13, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »
Hey, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd1Zc8zSKYw
you might want to study their code and replace the battle system for the pirated game. That would make such a good difference! And you know what? If I knew some 6502 asm, I would possibly do it. I'll learn some 6502 asm so I can implement it. But frankly, I have school to worry about >.> However, spring break is right around the corner.

Question, are the variable names in chinese? For this game? If so, I will just use google translator. However, idk if that's gonna work out :(

eefara

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 13, 2013, 09:27:02 pm »
Hey, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd1Zc8zSKYw
you might want to study their code and replace the battle system for the pirated game. That would make such a good difference!

I dunno. Having the ATB in there would be cool, but it seems even that Japanese team hasn't managed to put a gauge in yet. And if there is no gauge to visually show your time until attack, what's the difference between it and regular turn-based without that extra visual cue?

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:12 pm »
@eefara, it didn't have that in ffiv. its pretty hard. it was a big deal when ffv figured that out.

eefara

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 14, 2013, 02:30:56 pm »
@eefara, it didn't have that in ffiv. its pretty hard. it was a big deal when ffv figured that out.

The lack of a gauge?

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 14, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »
The lack of a gauge?

In my opinion, I think it doesn't really matter. Plus, I like the big font. If there was a guage, you would have to make another panel for that and possibly some ugly UI.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 15, 2013, 09:49:55 pm »
The last part of the temple of the ancients is done: