Uhh, Chrono Trigger several things:
1. Chrono Trigger Resurrection wasn't a rom hack. It was a modern 3D remake. It got a C&D letter and was shut down by Shinra a.k.a. Squeenix.
2. Chrono Trigger Prophets Guile is an awesome hack that makes Magus the main character. Get it. It has this really annoying bug that makes it unplayable in certain emulators past a certain cutscene that killed my save. One of these days I need to try again.
3. Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes 99% patch was really more like 70% if I remember right. Google the 100% patch that leaked in 2011. Crimson Echoes also got a C&D from Shinra.
4. There were several completing forks of Crimson Echoes after the original team quit working on it.
5. Chrono Trigger Flames of Eternity is a Chrono Trigger hack that is still being worked on by the "Metronome Project." Not sure what it involves as I haven't played it yet.
6. Check out the best Chrono Trigger hip hop album ever, cause it's the one I worked on. http://archive.org/details/ChronoTied
I would really like to reference this 8 bit version in the artwork for my upcoming Final Fantasy 7 hip hop mashup album "White Materia" but I'm not sure how would be best. Might you guys perhaps have sprites and map character images for all the characters somewhere?
We've seen glimpses in different posts but I don't remember an actual sprite sheet ever being posted for all of them.