News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII NES Project (Completed!)  (Read 749011 times)

Lugia2009

• Yes that was a banana. No one expects the banana
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII NES Project
« Reply #1100 on: December 20, 2012, 08:04:10 am »
Sorry for the long delay, thing's have been pretty busy due to the holidays.

Rocket Town is finished:

I would laugh if that game is turned based. Where all you do is attack and heal until its over.

I'm kind of curious to see how this game plays. It looks like they turned the game into an RPG. Too bad there's no dump of the game or any videos of it anywhere.

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #1101 on: December 20, 2012, 09:23:12 am »
As always, great work.

And, as far as I'm concerned, there's no need to apologize. Work at your own pace. Very excited to play through the finished rom.

Demonicdan

« Reply #1102 on: December 20, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »
 I know the bootleg game didn't have the 'weapon' fights but are these planned to be added in? Also how similar to the official game is the materia system going to be or is it going to be like the bootleg?

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 20, 2012, 04:31:01 pm »
I know the bootleg game didn't have the 'weapon' fights but are these planned to be added in?

Unfortunately, no, or at least, not at this time. Maybe later on when I have a complete understanding of how the event system works. I do know how to add events in, but only events that can be triggered at any time in the game. I don't know how to make events that only trigger when certain other events have been triggered.

Also how similar to the official game is the materia system going to be or is it going to be like the bootleg?

It may not be exactly like the original, but I like it. I don't really see a need to change it.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 21, 2012, 12:32:36 am »
@lugiA how are you hacking the game if the original was never dumped? Or were you talking about something else?

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 21, 2012, 07:11:34 am »
I was talking about final fantasy vii.

December 27, 2012, 02:53:17 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Rocket Town Inn is finished:

So, there is now less than 30 maps left to work on for this game.

December 27, 2012, 10:56:47 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The Rocket Town Weapon shop is done:

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:56:50 pm by Lugia2009 »

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 28, 2012, 02:26:09 am »
Great Lugia!

Since you have developed your skills during the course of this project - will you go back to the first couple of screens to reassure the quality and maybe tweak them some more? Or are they as ready as they ever going to be?

Also - did you ever managed to get somebody to help you with the enemy sprites?

Seems like that is basically whats left to update (besides the last couple of screens of course).

Looking forward to play through this game again - and I expect it will be an entirely different experience.

All the best for 2013,
dACE

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 31, 2012, 06:55:00 am »
Since you have developed your skills during the course of this project - will you go back to the first couple of screens to reassure the quality and maybe tweak them some more? Or are they as ready as they ever going to be?

I'm going to go back and redo the first map. And some of the other areas need the dialogue and events tweaked a little.

Also - did you ever managed to get somebody to help you with the enemy sprites?

Vince94 is working on them.

All the best for 2013,
dACE

January 02, 2013, 05:57:51 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Rocket town armor and magic shops are finished:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:57:51 am by Lugia2009 »

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 04, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »
Looks like the original! I am excited about the temple of the ancients and forgetten city and those snowy areas. I'm at the icicle inn in FFVII. Didn't pick up all the treasure but I can survive. Like in the original psx version.

detox420

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 05, 2013, 12:38:40 pm »
Post #1046 on: November 21, 2012, 10:37:30 am was Vince94's last post I hope he didnt forget about us :(

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: January 05, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »
I don't think he forgot about us, working on the sprites takes time. If he's still working on it, he'll finish when he finishes.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 05, 2013, 09:09:48 pm »
Rules say don't ask when a project is done. It gets done when it gets done. 'Sides, working on the sprites is a project right there. You should find a way to replace those monsters in midgar.

detox420

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 06, 2013, 01:59:55 pm »
I know it slightly offtopic but i'm curious. What Other Rom Hacks are this in depth? I was skimming around the depths of here and google, but it seems that this is the pinnacle of rom hacks from what I could find. I read something about a Chrono trigger Overhaul that got the C&D letters, anyone played it? worth finding somewhere online?

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 06, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
I know it slightly offtopic but i'm curious. What Other Rom Hacks are this in depth? I was skimming around the depths of here and google, but it seems that this is the pinnacle of rom hacks from what I could find. I read something about a Chrono trigger Overhaul that got the C&D letters, anyone played it? worth finding somewhere online?

That project was called Chrono Trigger: Resurrection, it was supposed to be a complete remake of the game but with Gamecube quality graphics and completely remixed music.

Here's a link to a video of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233kmUiW-Rc

But, I don't really know of any extensive rom hacks like this.

Cid's house is finished:

Eisenwill

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 07, 2013, 12:46:27 am »
You might be thinking about Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes. That was a fan-made interquel between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross that reportedly got a C&D from Square Enix which ended their efforts (though the patch for the hack, nearly complete at the time of the C&D, was supposedly leaked online shortly after).

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 07, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »
Or the C&D could just have been fake to gain attention, which I believe you think by your wording.

Blasteroid

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 07, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »
The Chrono Trigger hack was revived as Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/chrono-trigger-flames-of-eternity-rc5.306967/
http://metronomeproject.blogspot.com/

I've heard rumors that the C&D was fabricated. We may never know.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:46:37 pm by Blasteroid »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 07, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
Crimson Echoes itself wasn't.. very good.  Even with the 99% complete thing, there was actually A LOT of graphic work being redone that never got to see the light of day in the project.  They also had other plans to redo some aspects of the menu.

But in general gameplay wise, dialogue and what not, it's really not the best.  It's DAMN good for a first large Chrono Trigger hack, don't get me wrong.  But it was nowhere near the '99% complete' even when it was stated to be so.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #1118 on: January 08, 2013, 12:29:31 pm »
More graphic reworks than actually shown on the cancelation site (which is already down)?
I don't think so.

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #1119 on: January 08, 2013, 07:14:33 pm »
Uhh, Chrono Trigger several things:

1. Chrono Trigger Resurrection wasn't a rom hack. It was a modern 3D remake. It got a C&D letter and was shut down by Shinra a.k.a. Squeenix.
2. Chrono Trigger Prophets Guile is an awesome hack that makes Magus the main character. Get it. It has this really annoying bug that makes it unplayable in certain emulators past a certain cutscene that killed my save. One of these days I need to try again.
3. Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes 99% patch was really more like 70% if I remember right. Google the 100% patch that leaked in 2011. Crimson Echoes also got a C&D from Shinra.
4. There were several completing forks of Crimson Echoes after the original team quit working on it.
5. Chrono Trigger Flames of Eternity is a Chrono Trigger hack that is still being worked on by the "Metronome Project." Not sure what it involves as I haven't played it yet.
6. Check out the best Chrono Trigger hip hop album ever, cause it's the one I worked on. http://archive.org/details/ChronoTied

I would really like to reference this 8 bit version in the artwork for my upcoming Final Fantasy 7 hip hop mashup album "White Materia" but I'm not sure how would be best. Might you guys perhaps have sprites and map character images for all the characters somewhere? :) We've seen glimpses in different posts but I don't remember an actual sprite sheet ever being posted for all of them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:20:31 pm by Nerd42 »