News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII NES Project (Completed!)  (Read 755312 times)

Lugia2009

• Yes that was a banana. No one expects the banana
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII NES Project
« Reply #1000 on: November 12, 2012, 11:01:05 pm »

Although, the color isn't quite as bright as in the map I made.
I probably should change it to a darker shade.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #1001 on: November 13, 2012, 08:05:44 am »
Maybe, although it could just be the lighting in that shot. Honestly, it's not any better in the original. :/ Hmm... Maybe I knew it was petrified due to context?

I don't know. I'm sorry for wasting your time. m(TT_TT)m
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

vince94

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 13, 2012, 08:09:37 am »
Yeah, I'd love to work on enemy graphics. What are the dimensions/pallates should keep in mind?

yuka

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 14, 2012, 07:14:14 am »
http://www.creativeuncut.com/wp/ff7wp-05.jpg

If that helps at all. Which is probably not the case. ^^

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 14, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
I had found something a little while ago that I forgot to mention.

Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy Itadaki Street Portable received an english translation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bzrTWvJSjM

Most of the game is translated, the only thing really left is the character conversations during the game. but everything else is finished including the Tutorial Mode.

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #1005 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »
Hey guys, I'm working on a Final Fantasy VII mashup album right now and I kind of need some help on the chronology of the events in the game. It's been several years since I played.

Basically, I got all the vocals from Mega Ran's Black Materia and it's remixes and have been making mashups from them and now I've got to decide on the track order. I'd like the track order to follow, as much as possible, the events of the games as experienced by the typical player. And since there are songs in the remixes version which weren't in the original that I am including, I'm not sure which order to put them in.

Stuff I can't remember: Which characters did we meet first? When did we climb Shinra Tower and find Red XIII? Was that before or after we met Cid? Did we meet Cait Sith before Vincent or was it the other way around? And at what point did we meet Yuffie?

I hope you can see why the track ordering is a bit of a challenge. Any help with these sorts of chronological questions would be much appreciated.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 14, 2012, 08:54:07 pm »
I had found something a little while ago that I forgot to mention.

Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy Itadaki Street Portable received an english translation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bzrTWvJSjM

Most of the game is translated, the only thing really left is the character conversations during the game. but everything else is finished including the Tutorial Mode.

Not bad. I used to be all up in arms wanting to play the game in English... until I played it and realized it wasn't for me at all. :( But still, that's good news! Thanks for reporting!
Who will quote me next?

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 15, 2012, 01:21:00 am »
Well, I fucking love this news. Too bad I don't have a PSP D: But the Itadaki Street games are mad-addicting, and I really like the Final Fantasy stuff... The Mario versions just feel a little more plastic-y D:

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 15, 2012, 08:45:57 am »
@Nerd42

We met Barret first, then Aeris, Tifa, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, then finally we met Cid.

We were introduced to Red XIII after Aeris was kidnapped by the Shinra.
Yuffie was met before we left the first continent.
Vincent was met when you do the side mission at Nibelheim. which came before Rocket Town.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:09 am »
I think we could really consider we met Aeris long after Tifa. You effectively met her once before meeting Tifa but it's not even mentionned she's named Aeris and that she'll join your party later.

You can also meet Youffie and Vincent later than the first time you can met them - in fact you are likely to miss them if you don't have a walkthrough.

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #1010 on: November 15, 2012, 12:09:51 pm »
Yeah, come on, you meet Aeris for real when Cloud falls through the roof of the church.

So, Aerith gets captured and we go to Shinra Tower right after we meet the Don? I thought it was much later than that ... didn't realize that was even on the first disc.

So my track order so far would go

Cloud
AVALANCHE
Tifa
Mako Reactor
Aerith
-- (above this point it's finalized. not changing it) --
Don of the Slums
Shinra Tower
Red XIII / Cosmo Canyon
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
Birth of a God
Sephiroth

Thanks for the help. Still have more questions though:

When do we meet the Turks in this ordering?
Where should I put "On That Day 5 Years Ago" in this ordering?
Where would "Absolute" belong?
Where would be the divisions for each disc? (I played a PC version where you never had to change discs)

November 15, 2012, 12:31:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I know the Turks were sent to capture Aerith so we kind of meet them right after we meet Aerith but I don't remember their being actually introduced at that point were they? Looks like it's just Reno. At what point do we learn all their names and see them all together?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:31:11 pm by Nerd42 »

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 15, 2012, 12:34:29 pm »
So, Aerith gets captured and we go to Shinra Tower right after we meet the Don? I thought it was much later than that ... didn't realize that was even on the first disc.

Well, there's quite a bit between meeting the Don and Aerith getting captured. But yeah, that's the order of it.

When do we meet the Turks in this ordering??

It should be right after "Aeris" and before "Don".

Where should I put "On That Day 5 Years Ago" in this ordering?

I would say after "Shinra Tower" and before "Red XIII\Cosmo Canyon"

Where would "Absolute" belong?

Before "Birth of a God" and after "Cid"

Where would be the divisions for each disc? (I played a PC version where you never had to change discs)

Aerith dies at the end of the first disc.

And Cloud and the other's prepare to enter the final dungeon at the end of the second disc.

Also, on that list, Cosmo Canyon should be after Cait Sith. That's when we head to Cosmo Canyon. We do meet Red XIII before Yuffie and Cait Sith. But the Cosmo Canyon events happens after we're introduced to Yuffie and Cait Sith.

I'm not sure if you're ordering the songs by the first appearance of the characters or by when the major parts of their stories occur.

I know the Turks were sent to capture Aerith so we kind of meet them right after we meet Aerith but I don't remember their being actually introduced at that point were they? Looks like it's just Reno. At what point do we learn all their names and see them all together?

At Mythril Mines we learn the rest of the Turks names. Unless you want to count Vincent, then we learn his name later on.

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #1012 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:22 pm »
I'm not sure if you're ordering the songs by the first appearance of the characters or by when the major parts of their stories occur.
I think I am going for major part of their stories pretty much. Although Cosmo Canyon should probably go where we first meet Red XIII since it talks about that in the first verse.

At Mythril Mines we learn the rest of the Turks names. Unless you want to count Vincent, then we learn his name later on.
I don't count Vincent except to say we should introduce the active Turks before Vincent, as his track mentions he's an ex-Turk. Where would Mythril Mines go in this track ordering?

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 15, 2012, 01:22:09 pm »
I would say the order should go:

Cloud
AVALANCHE
Tifa
Mako Reactor
Aerith
Don of the Slums
Shinra Tower
On That Day 5 Years Ago
------This is where Mythril mine should be--------
Turks
Cait Sith
Red XIII / Cosmo Canyon
Cid
Yuffie
Vincent
Absolute
Birth of a God
Sephiroth

But, if you want to order by when we truly learn about Cloud and Tifa, then I would put the both of them after Vincent.

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #1014 on: November 15, 2012, 03:44:42 pm »
My version doesn't have the verse from "Absolute" about Vincent, making it somewhat more timeless. So I'm probably going to put that one earlier. Probably inbetween Cid and Yuffie.

Also, I'm probably putting Cosmo Canyon right after Shinra Tower or Turks because it's first verse talks specifically about how Red XIII got there and the escape and meeting Cloud. The story skipping ahead in the later verse isn't a problem in this case. Aerith's track does it too.

The one thing that confuses me is why you've got 5 years ago where you've got it. Isn't that one kind of about Cloud waking up to his real origins? That didn't happen right after Shinra tower did it?

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 15, 2012, 04:19:26 pm »
The one thing that confuses me is why you've got 5 years ago where you've got it. Isn't that one kind of about Cloud waking up to his real origins? That didn't happen right after Shinra tower did it?

That one's really up to you, you could place it right after "Shinra Tower" when we first hear Cloud tell the story about that day in Nibelheim. Or you could place it after "Vincent" when we learn the truth about that day in Nibelheim. But I think it could work either way.

November 15, 2012, 04:38:26 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sephiroth's new sprite is done:

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:38:26 pm by Lugia2009 »

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 15, 2012, 04:40:05 pm »
I think that's much better. Despite being 3x bigger than the player characters, but I guess it's true that Final Fantasy never was very good with that anyway.
Who will quote me next?

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #1017 on: November 15, 2012, 04:50:07 pm »
Yeah it is better although he does seem a little big. And a little taller than I remember.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 15, 2012, 09:40:59 pm »
Either he has his pants up real high or he just has a short body with tall legs. LIKE A CLOWN! idk..

Dr. Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 15, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »
Personally I like that he is giant. It is more like the original NES games, which this game is supposed to be like. His waist should be a little lower though if it's possible.
What is a man? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.