News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII NES Project (Completed!)  (Read 762933 times)

Lugia2009

• Yes that was a banana. No one expects the banana
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII NES Project
« Reply #960 on: October 27, 2012, 04:08:28 pm »
We can hijack function that is responsible for spawning enemies and base their appearances on a look up table.
I can write the code, but someone else have to fill the values-It will take a lot of time to fill it in, so I'm not going to do it.
Filling the table would be easy. Just set a pointer and then fill the areas which you want enemy to appear in.

I appreciate the offer, but it's not something I'm really concerned with fixing.
It's not really that big of a deal.

I looked into this a little. It's combination of replenishing HP to full and incorrect stat data. For some reason, LV7 have 164 as max HP while  LV8 have 163!
I GUESS Lugia made mistake when changing stats from orignal chineese game. There you start with lv5, not lv7.

Okay, I'll see if I can alter the base stats to fix this, If not, then I'll bring Cloud down a level or two to fix it.

Function at JSR $E6A9(Bank 09) keep an eye on it. I think it's intended to be like this. Some games do this thing to give "Cmon! Beating such weak enemies won't make you grow stronger, fight someone of your size." feeling. Does the same happens in original FF7?

It didn't do it on the original, but it may be on this game because the game gives gil and exp according to the strength of the enemies and the level of the active battle party.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, but I'm glad you're OK. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Jenova is done:

This is a scaled down version of Jenova made by Sirasu and his group.

And it seems the weather here may be pretty bad to say the least because of Hurricane Sandy. So I'm going to post on the front page a patch of what I have done so far.

Because of the weather, my area may be evacuated soon. So the project's going to be on hold for a little while.

October 27, 2012, 04:42:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
@Dizzy9

There is something I wanted to know if you could look at. For the enemy difficulty settings on the world map, the map is cut in half and overlapped so two areas have the same difficulty setting. This causes a huge drop and increase in enemy difficulty in many areas.

The settings for the world map are at 0x026f4f-0x02704e.

And there is a set of bytes that may be unused at 0x02704f-0x02714e.

This is just enough space to allow the other half of the world map to have it's own difficulty settings.

So I wanted to know if it would be possible.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:45:09 pm by Lugia2009 »

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #961 on: October 27, 2012, 07:21:13 pm »
Lugia, stay safe! Even its gust could be felt in Florida, can't imagine how bad it'll be north...
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 27, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »
This is why I live in Michigan. The ONLY bad thin about it is the jacked up weather you see in the winter. Hell last year it was like 70 degrees in the middle of January. And was just freezing the next day O.o

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #963 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:33 pm »
This is why I live in Michigan. The ONLY bad thin about it is the jacked up weather you see in the winter. Hell last year it was like 70 degrees in the middle of January. And was just freezing the next day O.o
You mean like how last week we had two days at 70+ degrees, and now it's 40 degrees outside? :P

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 29, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »
Yeah, pretty much. I meant last year though.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 31, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »
The storm's over in my area. Fortunately, there wasn't much damage here. And this area managed to keep it's power from going out.

So I finished a few more things.

I made the Scarlet/Palmer sprite

Gi Nattak is the work of Sirasu and his group and I made the Soul Flame sprite

And Cosmo Canyon inn is finished

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 01, 2012, 11:15:58 am »
Now those look like flames! I think its kinda strange how Scarlet and Palmer are one. What on earth were they thinking? Is it some unisex person?

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 01, 2012, 04:25:41 pm »
She's simply Scarlet Palmer, head of weaponry projects and space project.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 02, 2012, 08:53:33 pm »
I just found another Final Fantasy game by Shenzhen that was just recently dumped. It's a re-release of Final Fantasy IV. It's called Final Fantasy X1. There's also an X2, and I think a X3 (Though I don't think that was was dumped)

This game though really seems to do a better job of the battle engine. Music is still awful though.

Here's a few videos of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KluYghNDfp8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9I2xzCrDH0

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:56 pm »
LOL Lugia! On IRC I was JUST talking about that game. Well, not me just someone mentioned it and now you ^_^

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #970 on: November 02, 2012, 11:10:10 pm »
Isn't Tifa's hair darker than the sprite we've got?

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 02, 2012, 11:33:16 pm »
Would you guys be interested in ambushing enemies in the game? That would make this game a bit more fun I guess. Its always fun to get lucky or nearly win a battle.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #972 on: November 03, 2012, 07:20:24 am »
Lugia2009, I've been following this project for quite some time and just wanted to say how awesome your work is! Really looking forward to play the finished hack!

Would you guys be interested in ambushing enemies in the game? That would make this game a bit more fun I guess. Its always fun to get lucky or nearly win a battle.

Bad idea, this should be as true to the original as the engine can do. Imo somebody should do a hardtype once this is finished.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 03, 2012, 08:26:19 am »
ugia2009, I've been following this project for quite some time and just wanted to say how awesome your work is! Really looking forward to play the finished hack!

Thank you :)

Imo somebody should do a hardtype once this is finished.

Will do :thumbsup:

InfamousKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 03, 2012, 06:00:34 pm »
Ah, a hard type. I just cant wait until I get pwned and just start running because I'm no match for the dragons. I don't like those hard types where they reduce your stats and increase the monsters stats. I also don't like it when they make you level grind because you have to. Even sometimes when making a speed run you have to level grind if you like it or not. I like hard games where you're against the most powerful enemies in the game and getting ambushed then when you manage to beat them and you nearly survive you go like WHOO! Its also pretty nice how in this pirate running isn't that hard to do. You just simply run and you don't have to press run again. Even though in some final fantasy games you have some escape ability which was pretty cool unless the player with the escape ability dies..

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2012, 10:57:06 am »
I think the goal should be close to the storyline, not close to the engine necessarily. I'd like to see ambushing in the finished version of the game I run if it's not too much trouble to add. It's something I think the original FF7 could have been improved by. So basically, rather than matching what FF7 did in every particular, this hack should attempt to be better.

zeth07

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 05, 2012, 11:50:48 pm »
EDIT: I went through and read almost all this thread now so the questions I had posted were mostly answered.

I'm incredibly impressed with this project and even the original Chinese version, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this project continues to come along.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:59:45 am by zeth07 »

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 06, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »
EDIT: I went through and read almost all this thread now so the questions I had posted were mostly answered.

Okay, if you have any other questions, let me know.

I'm incredibly impressed with this project and even the original Chinese version, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this project continues to come along.

Thank you :)

Cosmo Canyon cave is finished:

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #978 on: November 06, 2012, 08:34:59 pm »
Dude, I hope you don't take this the wrong way because it doesn't imply anything about the quality of your work. But on Cosmo Canyon cave, which one is the new one? I never played that far into the game and so I don't know what the original looked like!

mz

« Reply #979 on: November 06, 2012, 09:48:17 pm »
which one is the new one?
You can tell by looking at the filenames.