So how far along would you say the patch is, Lugia2009?
Here's my current to do list:
1. Increase power of enemies around: Rocket Town
Area Between Nibelheim & Rocket Town
Temple of Ancients
All other areas where necessary
2. Increase power of bosses: Palmer (STR, INT, SPR)
And remaining bosses where necessary
3. Make it so Cait Sith doesn't disappear after Temple of Ancients
4. Decrease Cid's starting Lv. to 45
5. Finish armor shop item stats for: Bracelets and Capes
6. Rearrange songs and insert Cinco de Chocobo, Costa Del Sol, and Judgment Day (If possible)
7. Fix the colors on Cid and Cait Sith's death sprites
8. Change the music for Rocket Town to: Parochial Town
9. Finish Songs: Costa del Sol, Main Theme, and Judgment Day(If Possible)
10. Finish playing through game and making changes where necessary.
After this list is done, all that is left is to:
1. Finish rest of maps
2. Fix events and teleport tiles for the rest of the maps
3. Make new enemy sprites, colors, groups, weaknesses, and strengths.
4. Make new boss sprites and colors.
5. Make new world map
6. Fix enemy strengths on new world map.
7. Fix events on world map
8. Fix drop-off points for Tiny Bronco
9. Make changes to some of the dialogue
10. Test the game once more
11. Fix any problems that are found.
Then the game should be completed.
Here's what I have for the character's level progression for the entire game:
Beginning of game to world map: Lv. 7-19
World map: Lv.20
From Chocobo Farm to Junon Ship: Lv.25
From Costa Del Sol-North Coral: Lv. 30
Gold Saucer, Coral Desert, and around Gongaga: Lv. 35
From Cosmo Canyon (In and around) to Nibelheim: Lv.40
From Rocket Town to Ocean: Lv.45
(These areas I don't have completed yet, but here's what I'm thinking.)
Near Temple of Ancients: Lv. 50
In Temple of Ancients: Lv. 55
Bone Village: Lv. 60
City of Ancients: Lv. 65
Icicle Inn: Lv. 70
Gaea's Cliff: Lv. 80
Gaining levels in this game isn't too tedious, but expect to get a lot of use out of the Cure materia. So far the game's difficulty is pretty fair. The game isn't too hard, but not too easy either.