First, let me say thanks for making the translation of the game
, I don't think I would have taken on this project if the game wasn't translated.
* Someone tried to overwrite Tifa:"Turn all the gears." to Tifa:"Hit all the buttons", but ended up corrupting her line (and Barret's next line) as "TurHit all the buttonsDamn man,get a hold of yourself!".
* Waiter:"The boss is out,please come back in a few days!" is corrupted to "The boss is out,please come back in a few Hit the Button__", which seems to be corrupting the "Got Potion." in one of the first treasures at the first mako reactor to "e Button__".
That was me, after I changed the map, it no longer made sense when Tifa said to turn all the gears. I played through those parts to see if I could fix it and it works fine on my version. You may have patched the wrong version of the game. That was my fault, I forgot to tell which version of the game the patch was for.
* If you talk to Elmyra as you sneak out of her house she says "Aeris is an unfortunate child.", which was an improvised translation. I'm not sure what her actual line should be here, but the [4E] code for her image isn't scripted to appear.
* When "A chocobo came!" we can remove the  for Cloud's image. It just seems weird for him to say it.
No problem, I can change those.
The Main Theme (Overworld) is just the intro part on loop (played way too drawn out). If you're going to loop any part of the song I suggest jumping to its main melody.
* The Chocobo Theme only loops a small part of the song (a la FF2j). I can live with it, but I'd prefer a fuller version.
I could make some changes to the overworld music, but I don't think I can make the chocobo theme into the full version, there's hardly any more space for songs. There is a lot of space right above where the songs are but, for some reason, the game won't load music from there.
* I'm not sure what you did at the Golden shiny wire of hope, but I got past without the Battery. I guess you removed that sidequest.
* Event code seems to not kick in when I climb up to Shinra HQ, but you pretty much warned that on page 17.
Yeah, I had to change that because for some reason when you go to use the battery, the music becomes high pitched and the battery can't be used. After the girl says "You need a battery to climb, check the shops for one" Go to the store and get the battery. Then when you climb up the wire, Cloud will say a few lines, then the space will automatically clear, the event in front of shinra HQ should trigger then.
I have learned a lot about this game's event system, but not enough to fix this problem yet. I still don't know what caused the problem with the sound on that spot, but it may be because of the menu problem.
For anyone who was brave enough to dig through my old archive of files related to this ROM, I had already converted some songs, and in another thread shared work with Tummai about song encoding. I don't know whether those have been used or compared to the versions presently implemented. I can check into that.
Yeah, I found the songs on the old thread and used them. They were "Those Chosen by the Planet" "Ahead on our way" and "Chocobo Theme". And I used Tummai's "Battle Theme". Thanks for making them, I like how "Ahead on our way" turned out.
I'm trying to trace that wretched menu screen corruption (works fine in overworld). Let me know if you already know something about it.
I wish I knew what caused it too, it does work in some areas, but not in others. I'm not sure why only some areas are affected. I kinda think it may be caused by the patch Tummai made to allow for musical branching and looping, I never noticed the problems with the menu until after I used that patch, but then again I never really needed to use the menu much, so I'm not 100% sure.
Nibelheim doesn't seem to have its well in the flashback.
It's there, it's at the bottom right.
In the ROM change 0x75C8 from 08 to 0B to fix this.
Thanks for telling me, I saw you mention the mounting and dismounting music on the old thread but I couldn't find which part of the ROM had to be changed to allow for that.
November 28, 2011, 07:29:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Floor 69 is done, here's the before and after: