News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII NES Project (Completed!)  (Read 762634 times)

Lugia2009

• Yes that was a banana. No one expects the banana
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII NES Project
« Reply #420 on: February 01, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »
I decided to use the extra teleport spots left over from some of the areas on the world map and the leftover maps to make a spot for wutai and mideel.

But for the map itself, I think I'll use the graphics for the maps to make partially completed towns and the words "Under Construction" at the top. Then on the sides of the words, maybe a moogle and a chocobo with hardhats on.

May as well make the entire world map. But I'll have to change around the design to include the bridges for Wutai so they go straight.

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #421 on: February 01, 2012, 04:36:14 pm »
First, just wanted to say great work with this! I just finished a playthrough of the latest patch; I am thoroughly impressed by what everyone here has done to the original rom.

Just a quick bug note to pass along; on the 67th(?) floor of the Shinra Building (the one with jenova's body and the experiment tube), after being freed from the prison, I couldn't walk up through the lab. If I came from the 68th(?) floor, i could walk down through the room, but couldn't go back up.

I finished the game with Cloud Lv75, Tifa Lv50 and Barrett Lv62 and found it quite challenging through Gaea's Cliff.

Wonderful work!

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 01, 2012, 05:10:27 pm »
Wonderful work!

Thank you :)

Just a quick bug note to pass along; on the 67th(?) floor of the Shinra Building (the one with jenova's body and the experiment tube), after being freed from the prison, I couldn't walk up through the lab. If I came from the 68th(?) floor, i could walk down through the room, but couldn't go back up.

Do you mean when you're in the prison room, with the yellow bars blocking off the area with Jenova's body and the experiment tube.

That's not a bug, for whatever reason, the makers decided to make 2 prison cell floors. The regular floor you pass through, and the one you're sent to during one of the scenes. The second one didn't have the same amount of graphic tiles as the regular one, so there wasn't enough graphic tiles to make the capsule Red XIII was in, so my solution was to have that area sealed off instead of creating the area with the capsule mysteriously gone.

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #423 on: February 02, 2012, 11:37:44 am »
That's the one I mean. Thanks for the clarification.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 03, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »
112/256 Screens Done

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2012, 03:54:34 pm »
Cool.

Mega Ran and Lost Perception came out with a remix album of their final fantasy 7 project: http://megaranmusic.com/album/black-materia-the-remixes

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:46 am »
112/256 Screens Done

(PICS)

Those map demakes are freakin' awesome! Well done!

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 05, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »

Those map demakes are freakin' awesome! Well done!
Bro, awesome is not even HALF of how good it is...

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2012, 01:22:06 am »
LOL. Fantabulously sexy then?

Korichu

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »
In a joking matter I love how Cloud's walking/floating on water, in all seriousness this looks amazing.
"I'd leave too if my party members were named Copper and Geo."

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »
Thank You  :)

segertar

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:48 pm »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

First, let me start off by saying that I am in love with this project. Fantastic work!

I downloaded and patched (1-14-12) the game. I was playing through the beginning and noticed a bug.

I use fceux.. I don't know if that is the issue or not.

Here is a picture:

EDIT: Here are a few more... And a couple overpowered weapons. Both dropped very earlier in the game. Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help. :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:25:55 am by segertar »

Korichu

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:41 pm »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

First, let me start off by saying that I am in love with this project. Fantastic work!

I downloaded and patched (1-14-12) the game. I was playing through the beginning and noticed a bug.

Here is a picture:

Oh god when I saw this I died laughing, I kind of think this should stay.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:56 am »

Here is a picture:

Yeah, that's a bug, but I don't know how to fix it. It's just a minor thing though. If I can remember, the problem has to do with the wording of the names in the ppu viewer overwriting the graphic tiles...or something like that. But it's not really that big of an issue, you just have to go into the magic or item menu and then back to the battle screen.

EDIT: Here are a few more... And a couple overpowered weapons. Both dropped very earlier in the game. Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help.

That's okay, I appreciate the help.  :) The armor is dropped randomly, I found what controls how armor is dropped after battle, but I don't know how it works. And weapons are dropped in order for each character, so if you have the character's 1st and 3rd weapon, then you will get the 2nd weapon from a battle. I don't know why the armor doesn't go in order though. I tried fixing it, but couldn't figure it out.

Progress update: 144/256 screens done.

February 16, 2012, 03:46:08 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I made a pretty cool find.

It's Lei Dian Huang: Bi Ka Qiu Chuan Shuo

This is an amazingly accurate famicom port of Pokemon Yellow. It's made by the Shenzhen Nanjing, the makers of the Final Fantasy VII and IV famicom ports. It also uses mapper 163. But unlike other games made by this company, this one is of very high quality. In some ways it's even better than the game boy version. But worse in some other ways. But everything like TMs, Move-sets, and Type match-ups are all accurate. The pokemon evolve when they should and learn the moves they should learn. The game also keeps track of the pokemon you've caught and seen in the pokedex, and the pokeball appears next to the name of a wild pokemon to show you've already caught it. You can also still cancel a pokemon evolution by pressing B during the evolution scene. And if all your pokemon faint, you are sent back to the last pokemon center you visited. And from what I've played, it's just as enjoyable as the original. The only real problem with the game is the music.

Ways it is better than the original:

It's tougher (Not unfairly tough, but at least provides a little more challenge than regular pokemon games)
The graphics are superior. Pokemon even have an animation when you encounter them, like in pokemon crystal.
HMs can be selected from the menu and don't have to be taught to the pokemon, leaving room for other attacks.
TMs and Items can be obtained from fighting wild pokemon and trainers.
And items no longer need to be stored in the computer, now there is a backpack that has pockets for items, TMs, key-items, and pokeballs.

Ways it is worse:

The music
The lack of a bicycle.
Lack of pokemon cries when fighting.
Some battle animations are missing.

Just thought I should mention it if anyone would like a good translation project. It uses the same sound engine as FF7 NES, so I'm going to try and improve the music.

I'm pretty amazed at the amount of effort they put into this game.
If you like Pokemon, I highly recommend this game :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:56:55 pm by Lugia2009 »

Korichu

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2012, 09:38:42 pm »
Holy Shit I had this Rom at some point, I found it enjoyable.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »
You watch JewWario's videos a lot, don't you? He just did a YCPT on that. :P

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »
I was curious one day and looked up the other pirate games Shenzhen Nanjing made.

segertar

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:34 am »

Are the stats on the randomly dropped armor pieces also random?

+255 on any stat seems excessively high.

Korichu

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:56 am »
IIRC there is a Bootleg Games Wiki, oh and there is a really bad looking Pokemon Ruby Famicom Clone, I suposidly got a Treeko but when I fought the Zigzagoon I had a Salamance. I was pretty confused.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2012, 04:07:26 pm »
Are the stats on the randomly dropped armor pieces also random?

+255 on any stat seems excessively high.

No, but I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully I will be able to learn more about how to control how armor is dropped by enemies.

IIRC there is a Bootleg Games Wiki, oh and there is a really bad looking Pokemon Ruby Famicom Clone, I suposidly got a Treeko but when I fought the Zigzagoon I had a Salamance. I was pretty confused.

That's where I got the list of games made by Shenzhen, It's too bad that the other pokemon pirates don't have the same quality as yellow.