News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy VII NES Project (Completed!)

Started by Lugia2009, April 08, 2011, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrrichard999

This looks like an awesome project :) You have a current patch you can upload?

Lugia2009

Thanks :), the latest patch can be found on the first post of the front page.

InfamousKnight

Do you have to expand the rom size in order to get mideel and wutai in? I don't know if this game reached the max rom size.. Like NES rom size.

Lugia2009

Nope, the maps I'm going to use right now aren't being used for anything else. They're leftovers from one of the earlier areas of the game that weren't necessary. There were 3, but I used one to make Mt.Coral.

I'm not sure if there is a limit to how large a NES game can be. I think if you have the right mapper, you could probably make a NES game 100MB in size.

InfamousKnight

I hear that expanding rom size is so hard that its almost impossible. But then, you can't believe what everyone says at times. That is possible what you said lugia because as we all know, with computers, anything is possible JUST LIKE FINAL FANTASY!

Chpexo

I believe there is a mapper limit on an emulator due to the mapper having to fit into 10 bytes.

KingMike

There is a limit depend on the ROM bank size and how many bits the ROM bank swap register supports.

I don't know if anyone has actually tested how many bits the Nanjing mapper supports, and thus the maximum number of ROM banks and thus the maximum ROM size (if the actual cart uses FlashROM, I suppose one who knows how to reflash the chip could make a test ROM to check, but I guess there hasn't been interest).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

mrrichard999

Anyway to change that dialogue box color from white to blue with the white font like in the traditional FF games? That White box is god awful on the eyes :P

Lugia2009

QuoteAnyway to change that dialogue box color from white to blue with the white font like in the traditional FF games? That White box is god awful on the eyes :P

Sorry, I would change it if I could, but it needs to stay white.

The palette for the dialogue box is shared by the map palettes.
The font can only be black, I don't know how to change the font color.
And the white parts of the mug shots would turn blue, so all mugshots would have to be removed. And I really like the addition of the mugshots.

InfamousKnight

Its funny how the mugshots were not in the original game. I suppose they had them in the menu screen but that's pretty much it. It would look pretty nice if they had them in the menu screen but I think this games code is way too ugly. Meaning it would be difficult to do it.

MathUser2929

Looks like someone just submitted your 78 percent patch to the site. It's in the queue now.

Pikachumanson

The admins should refuse that patch. I would like if someone translated the actual pirate cart sans graphic changes though. It'd be fun to look at the differences in real time between Lugia's work and that one.

keithisgood

Someone did translate the original cart w/o graphical changes. I can't seem to find the link right now, but I remember playing the original translation.

Lugia2009

I have the patch for Lindblum's translation, I could upload it to the site.

Also, as a progress update. I began working to replace the game's enemy sprites. Right now, 30/65 have been replaced, I should be able to finish the rest by this weekend.

InfamousKnight

Sweet. You should upload the latest patch when you get done. Those enemies really threw me off.

Nerd42

please continue sharing unfinished patches here and dont let idiots like that stop you. It helps stop Shinra from ruining people's work with C&D letters if there are too many copies of a constantly updating file for them to stop.

Lugia2009

Once I finish working on the enemies, I'll release a new patch.

Right now I have only 10 enemy sprites left to replace. Then I'll just need to fix the names.

Also, I forgot to mention. Dizzy9 sent a patch to fix the enemy difficulty settings for the world map. Now each screen of the world map has it's own enemy difficulty setting.

February 09, 2013, 11:22:18 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

All enemies now have new sprites, now I just need to fix the names and they'll be done.

February 10, 2013, 01:31:26 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

The enemies for the game are finished. I uploaded the new patch to the front page.

Enjoy :)

dACE

Great Lugia!

Any chance of having some enemy sprites posted as images on this forum?

I'm saving myself for when the patch is 100% done - before replaying the game...

/dACE