Hello, this is my first post on this forum.
First of all, I'm a complete newbie in ROM hacking. I'm using Hyrule Magic. Currently, it looks like a translation hack, but my goal is not only retlanslation, but also game improvements (not done yet). And I need help with this.
This is my goals (first three has been already done):
1. New translation - closer to the GBA version and uncensored (with the exception of Book of Mudora), but with few original ideas.
2. Link with blond hair and hat color matching his tunic (similar to the Link mascot patch for BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets created by Con).
3. Agahnim red robe (to match his artwork). I've done this in V1.07, but he shares palette with the King, so his robe is also red.
4. Ending/credits - not hacked - how to do this?
Here is the original ending and credits:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JU0C_l4aac
And here is my ending (not included yet):
And here is my credits (only important part, big letters in Dark World dungeons will be removed):
5. Pegasus Boots - change mechanics to match BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets.
6. Inventory screen - how to hack this? It's not retlanslated yet, and I want to make Ocarina and Shovel two separate items, like in the GBA version. There are two ways:
6.1. Extend the inventory screen to add 6th column for Bottles and put Shovel to the Bottle's spot (example here):http://screwattack.com/user/JamesBond007/images/view/15916
6.2. Create another submenu (similar to the Bottle one) for Shovel and Ocarina).
7. Bunny Link - make him able to open treasure chests and (if possible) make his tunic upgradable, like in GBA version, becuase currently his tunic is always green.
8. If possible, add unlockable 9th warp point to Light World's Turtle Rock equivalent, like in GBA version.
9. If possible (again), add GBA-exclusive functionality to more items, like Boomerang or Fire Rod.
I could upload my current version to this site, but help me with picking a category (translations or hacks). Current version (fully playable) could fit into first one, but newer (improved) will fit into second one. Unfortunately, due to dialogue limit, Link will be always called Link, even with a different name of the savefile. If you are interested, you can download the newest version (currently 1.07) of the patch here:http://screwattack.com/downloads/view/A-Link-to-the-Past-SNES-New-Translation-V10
Here is my 2 videos of the game:http://screwattack.com/videos/A-Link-to-the-Past-SNES-with-GBA-Intro
(from version 1.07).http://screwattack.com/videos/ALttP-SNES-my-new-translation-Top-Secret-Room
(from version 1.06).