News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Tian Di Jie "Castle"/"幽城幻劍錄" Chinese to English fan translation project  (Read 7894 times)

FaustWolf

• View Profile
Keeping a running thread here at RHDN on the offchance we might attract some more translation help. Feedback of all kinds is welcome too! For a little background on the project, see our previous news post.

The project's going fast thanks to Magil's excellent utility coding, and with about 70% of the script translated first pass, we could have this baby out within a year's time, I think. If anyone's interested in getting some practice with Traditional Chinese to English translation, our project assignments/credits thread is here. We're really scraping around for help with the final push at this point, since there doesn't seem to be a central hub for volunteer Chinese to English translation talent. Hopefully that'll change as more projects like this roll into RHDN.

I'll keep the first post updated with new previews as we produce them. Chapter 6, Part 7 is a tad NSFW -- if you considered the bedroom scene with Ramsus and Miang in Xenogears NSFW, that is. Probably not even worth mentioning other than to see how the views on that one compare to the views on the other videos. :D

All videos are best viewed expanded to 640x480 by the way.

Latest Previews
*Chapter 5, Part 1
*Chapter 5, Part 2
*Chapter 5, Part 3

*Chapter 6, Part 1
*Chapter 6, Part 2
*Chapter 6, Part 3
*Chapter 6, Part 4
*Chapter 6, Part 5
*Chapter 6, Part 6
*Chapter 6, Part 7

Older Previews
*Older previews playlist
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:42:30 pm by FaustWolf »
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

golden

• View Profile
    • Mare Incognitum
Excellent news, loving the new font! And that Nox Arcana track fits perfectly in the sequence from the first two videos :laugh:

Magil

• View Profile
Oh, the track played during battle is called 'Guardian', isn't it?

FaustWolf

• View Profile
Quote from: Magil
Oh, the track played during battle is called 'Guardian', isn't it?
Ha, thanks, that's right! I'll edit the descriptions immediately.

Yeah, I get a little carried away with music in videos sometimes. The game's native music is actually really good (the overworld theme is native data) if a bit limited when it comes to environment themes. Since the game engine uses streaming music, modding it is as easy as the end user popping in some MP3s in any case. I should mention that wschan has a playlist of most of the game's music.

Haha, golden, if the text is any clearer this time around it's because I found a better way of recording the video, probably. There's still some work to do on the font sheet yet, mostly making certain letters more distinct. I've just been noticing that the capital "O" and capital "U" need work in addition to other letters pointed out so far ("X" vs "K"; "A" vs "B").
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:02:56 am by FaustWolf »

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
I moved this topic to personal projects.

That project looks pretty good so far. Keep up the good work.
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

jasonli

Hey just wanted to let you know I posted a bit about this project (and some others) over at my blog. Fingers crossed it'll get you some translators:

http://www.88-bar.com/2011/06/casting-call-to-translate-chinese-videogame-classics-into-english/

Keep up the good work, cheers.

-jason

FaustWolf

• View Profile
Jason, thanks a million!! To tell you the truth I've had 88-Bar on my list of sites to contact for awhile, but hesitated because I wasn't sure you'd go for something like this (too bad I didn't realize your earlier work in this area ;)). Thanks for finding us!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:40:04 pm by FaustWolf »