News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Temporal Flux  (Read 4588 times)

Geiger

• View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Temporal Flux
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:47:07 pm »
I have been able to fix most of my server issues, so WIP coding has restarted in earnest.

Thanks to the Crimson Echoes C&D, the primary Chrono Trigger editing community sort of imploded.  So I have no idea what sort of interest there is left in the romhacking community for this project.  Regardless...

In the last release before the C&D, I included a plugin architecture (TFPA).  I will need to update it for the next release.  If you have a specific interest in this area, I am taking ideas for additions.

Currently I plan on adding:
Code: [Select]
class RecordInfo {
   byte nID                (Previous RecDict "value".  Indicates record type.)
   string sName            (Previous RecDict "key".  Display Name for export/import.)
   string sDefaultPrefix   (Default filename prefix.  See below.)
}

IFluxPlugin
. List<RecordInfo> RecInfo - This will replace the RecDict to include a default filename for exports and imports.  This is important because of the new approach to ROM projects.
. ushort nInterfaceVersion - Since there will be a new interface, there will be a need to indicate which version is being used.

GlobalShared
. string sProjectDir - any ROM-specific files should be saved in this directory.

I do not currently have a projected release date for the next version.  Most of the hard work is done, but there is still a significant amount of relatively easy work to do (rewriting and delegatizing several hundred blocks of code :D)
This is the patent age of new inventions -/- For killing bodies, and for saving souls, -/- All propagated with the best intentions. --Lord Byron

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Flux
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 05:36:57 pm »
I was wondering if the TFPA would be updated with the next Temporal Flux. I have had some thoughts.

GlobalShared
- string[] sBattleSoundEffects - There isn't a list yet, but there are a couple plugins that could use them, so an empty array would be a good start.

General
- A way to call the string editor window you designed, optionally overriding the default one for a group. The reason for this is occasionally hacks have altered the limitations on those and relocated the data, so access to that would come in handy.
- Intellisense hints - Not a necessity, but would come in handy.

Also, if you could optionally disable the optimization of commands in the Event window, that would come in handy for self-modifying code.

Side note: If possible, I'd like to beta-test this and TF itself.

Side note 2: Would it be possible to see the source of one of the things you've hacked in the game through Temporal Flux?

Side note 3: You've mentioned in the past that it's possible to control an NPC as a PC - How is this done?
Mauron wuz here.

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:13:48 am »
Are all the ROM corruption issues fixed?

Geiger

• View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:39:16 am »
There haven't been any ROM corruption issues for quite some time now.  The only reports I have heard about in the last several versions were purely anecdotal.  And even back when there were issues, every version from around 1.05 up have been corner cases that most people won't encounter.

But even if some sort of "stealth" corruption issue still exists, between auto-archiving (introduced a version or two ago), and the new project approach the WIP version uses, you cannot permanently lose any changes you make.
This is the patent age of new inventions -/- For killing bodies, and for saving souls, -/- All propagated with the best intentions. --Lord Byron

Zeality

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 02:42:17 pm »
Yeah, I think we ultimately tracked our issues in CE back to an old shop editor that left some junk in the ROM. Great to see TF is still being worked on.