News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Is there a way to force Windows 7 to display Japanese in programs?  (Read 3466 times)

SPennLUE

• View Profile
    • SPennLUE Projects
I'm on a borrowed laptop for the time being, so I can't go reinstalling the OS and adding language packs and all that.  I have a Japanese word processor, and I know Firefox can display Japanese, but there's no way for kana to be displayed within most programs.  Is there anything at all I can use (preferably something way to uninstall)?

I know there was a program I used a while ago that did something similar to this, but it wasn't perfect and I don't remember what it was called anyways >_>
English translation - Rockman 2 Neta (PC); Document - Creating PC patchers with NSIS
Available here on RHDN or at my site: http://sites.google.com/site/spennlue/

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Is there a way to force Windows 7 to display Japanese in programs?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 10:09:43 pm »
Microsoft AppLocale is what you're looking for, but apparently Windows 7 doesn't like it.

This blog post might help in that regard, however.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

SPennLUE

• View Profile
    • SPennLUE Projects
Re: Is there a way to force Windows 7 to display Japanese in programs?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:28 pm »
Thank you for the info, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it to work :(

I did, however, find an alternative called NT Locale Emulator Advance which works fantastically.  I'm not sure if it's freeware or not, so I won't post the link in case I have a cracked version (it was on a Chinese site, so I don't know exactly what the link said).
English translation - Rockman 2 Neta (PC); Document - Creating PC patchers with NSIS
Available here on RHDN or at my site: http://sites.google.com/site/spennlue/