News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: MY NEW HACK OF SUPER MARIO BROS 3  (Read 7865 times)

Roboh25

• View Profile
MY NEW HACK OF SUPER MARIO BROS 3
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:55:40 am »
Hi everyone!

I am new to this page, we want to inform you that I have created a hack of Super Mario Bros 3! I am from El Salvador, I would like to see how to publish my hack, but of course you have to see! everything is in Spanish.
The post where I have posted my hack is located at the following link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/451972446/Super_Mario_Bros_3__by_Robo_.ips

Any answer either yes or no, or we need some details, asked to respond to my mail!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:56:35 pm by Roboh25 »

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: MY NEW HACK OF SUPER MARIO BROS 3
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 06:16:08 am »
WORD OF CAUTION: If you don't want this topic to get moderated back into the Stone Age, grab Lunar IPS, make a patch of your hack, and take that ROM down this instant.

I'm serious. We don't host ROMs. We host patches. If you want people to play your SMB3 hack, you're gonna have to learn how to distribute it as an IPS, y para el amor de Dios, retirar eso ROM, pronto. Not trying to be rude, just helpful.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Juanfco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:33:45 am »
I'm serious. We don't host ROMs. We host patches. If you want people to play your SMB3 hack, you're gonna have to learn how to distribute it as an IPS, y para el amor de Dios, retirar eso ROM, pronto. Not trying to be rude, just helpful.

Whoa! You speak Spanish, that's great! :)
But, if you don't mind, i would like to correct that: it's "por el amor de Dios".
I'm wondering where you've seen it...

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:32:46 pm »
Sorry; it was late, my Spanish is rusty and I wanted to get your attention. :3

You still need to take down the ROM and replace it with an equivalent IPS patch file, though. Lunar IPS is a great tool for the job: you'll need your hacked ROM and a clean ROM that the program will compare it to. The IPS file is basically a list of differences between ROMs - the end result is a file that contains your changes and only your changes, which can be applied (also with Lunar IPS) to a clean ROM to make another copy of your hacked ROM. In short, IPS patches contain nothing that Nintendo can claim a copyright on, so by doing so, you're protecting yourself (and you're protecting us! ^_^;).
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Roboh25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:57:48 pm »
Hey, sorry friend, the truth was not aware of all this, you see, I'm new on this site, I found the freedom to build a hack of Super Mario Bros 3! My only intention was to present my game! Again, I apologize! :) I modified the link already! :D

Roboh25

• View Profile
MY SUPER MARIO BROS 3 HACK
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:16:45 pm »
Hi all again.
Sorry to inconvenience moderator. This is to announce my new game again Super Mario Bros 3, if you want a preview, you can see in the next video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8woAkub5E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQISWDJVbFE

The game is in Spanish, as can be observed.
Other than that, I apologize to the servers of this page for publishing my first post a rom without first transforming to the "Lunar IPS" to a file. ips, notifying them that the download link and is fixed, is much lower down, in the "MY NEW HACK OF SUPER MARIO BROS 3. "

Any comments are permitted. Thank you for your attention.

P. S. In case you do not understand this post, I apologize, my English is very poor ... I did this a translator.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:02:10 am by Roboh25 »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: MY SUPER MARIO BROS 3 HACK
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:11:29 am »
You already made a thread about this.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:15:25 pm by KingMike »
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
Topics merged. Please use only one thread to discuess your SMB3 hacks.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Roboh25

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:21 pm »

March 22, 2011, 04:40:42 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry; it was late, my Spanish is rusty and I wanted to get your attention. :3

You still need to take down the ROM and replace it with an equivalent IPS patch file, though. Lunar IPS is a great tool for the job: you'll need your hacked ROM and a clean ROM that the program will compare it to. The IPS file is basically a list of differences between ROMs - the end result is a file that contains your changes and only your changes, which can be applied (also with Lunar IPS) to a clean ROM to make another copy of your hacked ROM. In short, IPS patches contain nothing that Nintendo can claim a copyright on, so by doing so, you're protecting yourself (and you're protecting us! ^_^;).

Help.

I need to upload my game to this page, but is costing me a lot to add the links of my game, how I have to do? I've changed my file to. ips!

Thanks, sorry to disturb them
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:43:04 am by Roboh25 »