News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Professor Layton's London Life  (Read 4416 times)

hunter291

• View Profile
Professor Layton's London Life
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:06:19 pm »
As some of you may know, the new Professor Layton game was released with an awesome Browny Brown RPG. Sadly, the RPG won't be released in Europe. I had the idea to get the american game and release all the traces from the original game (I want to enjoy it in my mother language next month :P) so that only the rpg is left. I have a clear idea in my head, but I am a noob and it is very hard to do for me. The easy-in-my-head version says: Relink the starting point of the game to the starting point of the mini game and remove all content of the Professor Layton game. You can choose the mini game on the menu screen of the game or start the real game. I managed to delete some unused stuff from the game (movies, sounds etc) and the mini game still works. The game was reduced from ~256mb to 64mb. Stuff from the original game is still in it (you can start it, but it skips all the movies). I would be very happy for any help that someone offers to me.

tl;dr I want to remove any trace of the Professor Layton game to only leave the RPG London Life. I hope that someone can help me.

Forbiddencreed

• View Profile
Re: Professor Layton's London Life
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »
So... you want to turn a mystery-rpg game into a plain rpg?

hunter291

• View Profile
Re: Professor Layton's London Life
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 03:30:43 pm »
Yes. The RPG is missing from the european version. I will buy the german version when it's out, but I don't want to miss out the awesome rpg. As I don't want to spoil myself, I want to remove the whole game to have the RPG as a seperate game.