News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Megaman Odyssey Project  (Read 34280 times)

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Megaman Odyssey Project
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 03:21:42 pm »
Okay... Thanks to the help of Matrixz the stage is almost done. The boss he made is still a bit bugged, but as I am writing now here that problem will be undone in a matter of days.
After that, the last component will be the music for the level. XxBaiixx our musician is however quite late with the soundtrack we want to have for said level.

Good news: Kevin's Soundtrack for Necroman Stage 2 is already in the ROM.

It will certainly take many years, but in the end we will have it done when we are 40 years old by the pace. :D

Notice: You can still join us, if you wish.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 11:58:02 am »
It has been quite some time.  Some of you were surely asking what happened with the Megaman Odyssey Project. It has been halted due Kujakiller's new occupation, which made him quite the workaholic. His interrests shifted and if I speak with him about our project, he doesn't want anything to do with it. All my encouragement in order to motivate him failed, but that has mostly to do with his low self-esteem and his regrets to not be able to finish it in time. Because of said regrets, he un-offically cancelled the game.

Would I have only known sooner of his project back in 2005, we would have been able to progress much faster, since I have now a bunch of new friends who would do anything for him.

Still, if you want to change Kujakiller's mind about the project, leave here a message for him. Perhaps if you all encourage him, it might move him.
I would love to continue to work for him. :(

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 03:10:53 pm »
All my encouragement in order to motivate him failed, but that has mostly to do with his low self-esteem and his regrets to not be able to finish it in time.

What?  I find that 'not being able to finish on time' thing kind of whack.  It's a hack, there IS no time limit ._.  He needs to lay back and just relax.  If he lost interest for a bit, then that's fine.  Sometimes a good break is needed to refresh the motivation.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 08:54:10 pm »
he is such a softie that he gives up to early fast.
All my encouragement in order to motivate him failed, but that has mostly to do with his low self-esteem
Just gonna change the track this conversation is going on for a second to say holy crap. You certainly seem to have high expectations for the project, but no shortage of comments to make about Kujakiller.

If he doesn't want to continue his project, than respect his decision. People should only get into ROM hacking out of their own satisfaction, and not out of a sense of obligation to others. If you want him to release what he's done so far, then go ahead and ask. But I'd imagine that his reasons for dropping the project are perfectly legit.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 03:48:17 am »
@Metal Knuckles
The thing why I try to motivate him is, because he still feels bad about it, despite that he un-offically cancelled more than a month ago. I have learned that you will feel bad about things, you haven't finished. The only way to get rid of that regret in his heart is to finish the project. I want my friend to be happy, not to be sad all the time. He even admits, that his new occupation is a stupid thing, but it is so addicting to him, that he cannot stop it.

However, he is still but undecided to continue or to stop the project alltogether.

It just hurts me, that I alone cannot make him happy. :(

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 07:29:50 am »
It's not my decision to make, but I can probably tell him from experience that it SUCKS to be so far into a project and then all of a sudden just stop it entirely.  Many many hours gone to waste and all of the amazing work just not put to good use.

The best thing I can say for him is to just take a break from the romhacking scene all together for awhile and come back to it at a later time.  It really sounds like he needs a break in general so he can focus on work.  He may eventually pop back into it again but for now it's probably best if it's let be.

That's how it was for me, anyway.  I didn't touch anything for about 4-7 months then came back full force.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:44 am »
This post has been blessed by Kuja Killer.

Greetings good people. Megaman Odyssey is finally back from its grave and we are 98% done with the damn Necroman Levels!
So far so good... Still what we lack is music for the first Necroman stage and dialoges we have yet to finish.

While we are waiting for HertzDevil for the new music, we are looking currently for a new level designer for the next stages. The Pyroman stages to be exact.
Mineyl our former designer, cannot help us any longer because RL keeps him away from the PC.
What we need are no graphics (we have enough graphic designers), but someone who can create for us a new level layout based on what we have in mind for those stages.

Anyone here who wants to design a level for us? It is a chance for you to get more popular and gain a good portion of respect from the hacker scene!
I would do it myself, but I am already working on other things like new sprites for Infidelity's Zelda Project, which take a good portion of my energy away.

So... Who likes to lend us a hand in this matter? I have seen very promising candidates for this job here  and I hope you decide to help us to keep the game away from the development hell.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 09:11:03 pm »
Here are a few games you might be able to pull some ok Sprites for the new level just in case you wanted to throw a few pre-made designs in.

Journey to Silius
Zombie Nation
Zen Intergalactic Ninja
Xexyz
Wai Wai World 1 + 2
Vice - Project Doom
Trojan
Tetsuwan Atom
Tokkyuu Shirei - Solbrain (J).nes
Strider
Street Fighter 2010
Contra
Super C
Gradius 1 +2
Life Force
Power Blade 1+2
Probotector II - Return of the Evil Forces (E).nes
Ninja Gaiden series
Blaster Maste
Bionic Commando
Abadox
Alien 3
Clash At Demonhead

gadesx

• View Profile
    • Gadesx scene
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:52 am »
Hi dude, If you can put some screenshots with same resolution of the game will be good, I wanna try make some edits of the tiles as concept edit, so if they look good I can help you making better designs of the tiles,
for example some screenshots of Duplex Man stage

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »
im afraid that nothing is going to be changed that's already done.
i only want us to start on pyro man next.

I dont wanna go backwards
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:17:16 pm by kuja killer »