News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Super Robot Wars J Translation Release  (Read 18841 times)

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Super Robot Wars J Translation Release
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 07:46:29 am »
This game's plot is completely stand alone.

:D

If it's good or bad, well everyone has to decide that for themselves, don't they? At least you won't find random encounters or grinding in this game.

I certainly liked the game and yes, it's good to get out of those walk, encounter monsters and gain/gather experience to level up nightmares for once in a while.

And oh, the battle scenes graphics made me forgot it was a game made for the GBA, I pissed in my pants seeing super deformed robots kicking the crap out of each other.:D

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 10:02:52 am »
<reporter mode on> so, any comments about the reasons behind those delays that made people believe this would never be released? <reporter mode off>

I know that you're asking for technical answers- so this "troll" isn't exactly aimed at you, but I do remember Deets or someone else in the SRWJ translation thread saying they wanted a work to be:
.A very well-done,professional work this English patch was.

So yeah.

I also remember something about battle graphics not wanting to cooperate or something, but my memory's hazy and perhaps there may have been a gazillion other hurdles that popped their ugly heads out one after another.

In any case, I played the first chapter and really liked it. I'll play it more seriously eventually.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

ryuke

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:27 pm »
Really Really Really Great Thanks :)

Dashman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 11:35:54 am »
<reporter mode on> so, any comments about the reasons behind those delays that made people believe this would never be released? <reporter mode off>

I know that you're asking for technical answers- so this "troll" isn't exactly aimed at you, but I do remember Deets or someone else in the SRWJ translation thread saying they wanted a work to be:
.A very well-done,professional work this English patch was.

So yeah.

I also remember something about battle graphics not wanting to cooperate or something, but my memory's hazy and perhaps there may have been a gazillion other hurdles that popped their ugly heads out one after another.

In any case, I played the first chapter and really liked it. I'll play it more seriously eventually.
yep, sorry if I sounded like a troll. I remember one or two projects that went through hell to be finished and they threw some document with the story of the translation, quite documentary-like and entertaining actually. I don't expect everyone to write their memoirs after each project but if they're willing to tell some stories I'm willing to read them :) if my memory serves me right, the last bit of trouble I heard of was the title screen, which I checked and saw that it could be a pain indeed, with all those characters flying to the screen individually. the result is indeed very professional, and I'm loving the way the dialogues flow (god, I love the way Noal is written), and after 10 stages I only remember seeing one "typo" (actually a misplaced word). gotta love you guys, this is amazing :thumbsup:

tcaudilllg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 04:20:29 pm »
Fighting robot suits has always been something of a one-off for me. Filler if anything. Stories based on them all seem the same, unless of course you take the Evangeleon route (like Xenogears did) and de-emphasize them.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 05:08:27 pm »
Bot shows aren’t really about the bots, dude.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:28 pm »
Yeah, most of the time, it's all about the people who are involved at war and simply happen to use robots as a means of defense.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.