News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sonic 2 Remixed  (Read 3642 times)

Ravenfreak

• View Profile
Sonic 2 Remixed
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »
Sonic 2 Remixed is a hack of Sonic 2 SMS (version 1.00). It features new art, and a few asm edits. Edits are bellow:
* New Monitors- Every monitor (excluding 1-up and 10 rings) are different. My hack features a bubble monitor that allows Sonic to breath underwater in ALZ, a Clock monitor that resets the timer, and "!" monitor that resets the ring counter.
*Two digit life counter- Ported code from Sonic Chaos.
*New Timer- Instead of the timer increasing every 60th frame, it decreases from 99 seconds and kills Sonic once it reaches 0.
*Act 3 has been disabled - for a feature that i'm currently working on, and once it's done i'll reveal it. xP (Though it still loads the "has passed" titlecard.)
*A few sprite edits have been made, though i'm no artist. They'll remain the same until I can find a pixel artist.
There's more stuff that won't be included in the ROM here, only because they are placed in an extra bank that the original game doesn't have, and therefore I cannot create a patch. Screenshots (Note the last screenshot is from an older build, the HUD layout has been changed back due to glitches and was taken before the timer code was edited):

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Sonic 2 Remixed
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:18:11 am »
The modifications you have made look nice so far. I'm curious what your overall goal is for the project. What are your plans? From what you've said so far, I'm not really sure what you intend the project to be when completed.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Lilinda

• View Profile
Re: Sonic 2 Remixed
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:57:22 am »
The timer really isn't very newbie friendly... just 1:39? That's not a lot.

Of course, I don't know how big the stages are, or how hard they are. I've only seen speedruns of the game. I only own it via the Sonic Adventure DX port to GC, and even then I haven't touched it. Much prefer Chaos(Though, that might be childhood nostalgia... Chaos was one of my few Game Gear games, and the first Sonic game I beat. Hell, it might be the first game I beat period!).

Is it an easy game compared to other Sonics?
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016